Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 AM

26,753 posts, read 26,850,772 times

Advertisements

"The city (of Los Angeles) also has supported research by UCLA that found Los Angeles can expect average annual temperatures to rise 4 to 5 degrees by mid-century and snowfall in the region's mountains to drop by about one-third."
L.A. storms to grow more destructive as sea level rises, study says - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 06:35 PM

364 posts, read 611,546 times
^
Bunk. Al Gore said we'd be underwater right now. How can you post this crap?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
^ Bunk. Al Gore said we'd be underwater right now. How can you post this crap?
What does Al Gore, so-called "inventor of the Internet," have to do with a research done by UCLA?

"How Hot Will Your Neighborhood Be in 30 Years?"
http://c-change.la/temperature/

Last edited by CA4Now; 01-12-2014 at 06:52 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,405,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Not talking about your post, if you'd care to read back. Argue much?
I argue a lot and you quoted my post genius

Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 AM

"...the provisional data indicates that 2013 is likely to have been the fourth-hottest year on record.....chances are good that 2014 will be even hotter—perhaps the hottest year since records have been kept."
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2161658,00.html

Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 AM

17 posts, read 21,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"The city (of Los Angeles) also has supported research by UCLA that found Los Angeles can expect average annual temperatures to rise 4 to 5 degrees by mid-century and snowfall in the region's mountains to drop by about one-third."
L.A. storms to grow more destructive as sea level rises, study says - latimes.com
This has already happened here in Fresno. The high temperature has been well above average(somedays 10-15 degrees) everyday since early December. 70 degrees predicted for later this week. And no rain since December 7th. There is no denying that a major climate change has already occurred here in the Central Valley.

I was at Disneyland the first week of December. It was over 80 degrees 3 of the 4 days that we were there. This whole thing is getting really scary.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Those of you who have lawns get them aerated, spread compost and slow release fertilizer then water HEAVILY NOW.

Water deep and infrequent. Start prepping now. I wait until my grass shows signs of drought stress before watering throughout the year to promote deep and complex root growth. Then water deep with a cycle and soak approach for a day. Then might wait another month or two before watering again.

Your lawn wont look pretty but it sets to help survive for what most probably will be a season of grass killing water restrictions. Especially in Socal.

Adding a product called Turface to your lawn after aerating will help retain water and air as well. Its also sold under other names as well depending on your location. If you cant find it DE or diatomaceous earth works as well. Plus DE helps contol pests.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:33 PM

462 posts, read 742,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP77 View Post
This has already happened here in Fresno. The high temperature has been well above average(somedays 10-15 degrees) everyday since early December. 70 degrees predicted for later this week. And no rain since December 7th. There is no denying that a major climate change has already occurred here in the Central Valley.

I was at Disneyland the first week of December. It was over 80 degrees 3 of the 4 days that we were there. This whole thing is getting really scary.
Sounds like the central valley will become an unhabitable desert by then. Glad i got out when i could.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:36 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,405,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP77 View Post

Ask any farmer in the valley or other parts of the US about how their local climate has changed.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:18 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ask any farmer in the valley or other parts of the US about how their local climate has changed.
I live, work, hunt and deal with local valley farmers on a daily basis. None of the long term, multi generational farmers think the climate has changed. My neighbors across the street still ranch/farm land in Valley Springs Ca that was settled by their family in the 1800's. Drought and flood is a part of life in California and they dont believe the climate has "changed" as the term is being framed in this thread by climate change alarmists.

They are pissed thou at how feed hay/alfalfa suppliers are ripping people right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California