Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 PM

14 posts, read 90,303 times

Advertisements

Of course you do! I wanna know how much you guys love the Sox! I want to know how much you hate the Yankees. I want to hear your stories of how you got tickets, how much you paid, what you were doing during the "bloody sock" pitching performance during the 04 series, how long you've been a fan, how long your grandpa has been a fan, etc.! I'm from colorado and we're moving to boston soon and I absolutely love baseball and people don't care about it here, that's why I'm so excited to live out there in Boston! Go SOX!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,488,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnycakes View Post
I work with a guy who has two sets of Red Sox season tickets... one set right behind the Sox dugout, and another in the Loge seating directly behind and slightly to the left of home plate. He maintains those season tickets but now uses the 600 Club seating and gives away his season tickets to people he works with, clients, and other business contacts. Sorry to say, that's how I get my tickets.
I need a friend like yours! A friend with season tickets.

The tickets may the the cheap part of a red sox game experience (Ave $40-45/seat; it is one of THE highest in MLB). Add $25 for parking. Easily another $50-100 for food/drinks. Program? Souvenirs? ... Free tickets still mean a couple of hundred dollars before you get out. At times, I think it is cheaper to go to a Red Sox away game than a home game (even with transportation cost included.)

Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,959 times
I think all of Baseball is over rated, and the players over payed.
The majority of fans that buy into this hype, appear to be Beer swilling blue collar red necks; not that theres anything wrong with that. Personally speaking, I like the game, my wife and I got tixs from our daughter last season. We took the T to Kenmore and hiked to the green shrine. Great box seats, roudy obnoxious patrons yelling and chanting, obstructed view from the constant flow of people. After the game, we headed toward Kenmore; the crowd was like a mile long snake,a pick-pockets feast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: