Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM

7 posts, read 18,592 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for posting this. I lived in California for 30 years and my husband his entire life. We couldn't wait to get out. We moved to Charleston, SC in 2012 and while it's a beautiful place, it's so far from our family, I've been wanting to move closer to CA but not back to CA. I've heard so many great things about Boise and, while your cons didn't sound appealing, we had the same thing in Cali. We lived in the valley and had terrible air quality, much worse on a city of 2.5 million. The winters were long, dreary & wet, although now there's a horrible drought. Cali's gun laws are stupid and borderline communistic. My hubs is a huge gun nut, so I'd have to move someplace where guns are accepted. I've looked online at your homes in Meridian and am dying at what we could get for our money. Can you suggest the best areas with safe, family friendly neighbors & lots of kids. Where we live now, my 8 year old daughter runs wild in the neighborhood and has tons of friends, so I'd want her to have the same experience there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 AM

719 posts, read 1,566,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbean16 View Post
Thanks so much for posting this. I lived in California for 30 years and my husband his entire life. We couldn't wait to get out. We moved to Charleston, SC in 2012 and while it's a beautiful place, it's so far from our family, I've been wanting to move closer to CA but not back to CA. I've heard so many great things about Boise and, while your cons didn't sound appealing, we had the same thing in Cali. We lived in the valley and had terrible air quality, much worse on a city of 2.5 million. The winters were long, dreary & wet, although now there's a horrible drought. Cali's gun laws are stupid and borderline communistic. My hubs is a huge gun nut, so I'd have to move someplace where guns are accepted. I've looked online at your homes in Meridian and am dying at what we could get for our money. Can you suggest the best areas with safe, family friendly neighbors & lots of kids. Where we live now, my 8 year old daughter runs wild in the neighborhood and has tons of friends, so I'd want her to have the same experience there.
Really any of the nicer neighborhoods in Boise or Meridian would be safe and family friendly. Newer neighborhoods tend to be a little more loaded with kids because young families often move into new construction or at least newer homes, so with that in mind a newer subdivision might fit the bill. The bulk of your inventory is probably in north and northwest Meridian, although your commute time to downtown from there is rather long if that's a factor (Paramount, Lochsa Falls, Settlers Ridge, etc). There are a number of neighborhoods in Meridian south of the freeway that have better access through the valley, although you're further from the foothills there (Bear Creek, Tuscany, Kingsbridge, Reflection Ridge, etc). You may also check out Harris Ranch in SE Boise - lots of young families there and it's a nice area.

In all of these areas there are more neighborhoods than I'm naming specifically, so you ought to visit and figure out what part of town suits you best. And one other note is that there are a lot of more established neighborhoods in both Boise and Meridian that that would also be really family friendly, but would have the advantages that go with an older neighborhood - established landscaping, large trees, typically larger lots, etc. I tend to prefer established neighborhoods, but realize some tend to gravitate towards the smell of sawdust.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:15 PM

75 posts, read 99,275 times
I see the newest post is from 2014 ... can anyone give me any insights on the area near Marsing, Melba areas?

Old 12-27-2016, 09:55 PM

88 posts, read 213,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by his_little_one View Post
I see the newest post is from 2014 ... can anyone give me any insights on the area near Marsing, Melba areas?
Small farm towns well on the outskirts of the central Treasure Valley. Either would be a significant commute to Boise/Meridian. Long way for shopping, groceries or otherwise but not sure what your looking for.
Marsing is on the river, not much there otherwise. outskirts of Nampa, near some wineries, barren mountains nearby.
Melba is mostly farms, some parts have a cool view of the river and Owyees. There are some interesting properties. Not much else there.

What specifics are you looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area