Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 04:47 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times

Advertisements

Just watch for yourself.

YouTube - FASTEST STREET CAR IN THE WORLD! Larry Larson runs 6.95 @ 209 on Drag Week!!!

YouTube - Larry Larson's 6 second Nova Cruising the Strip in Vegas 1.mov

YouTube - Larry Larson Runs 6's.mov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 05:33 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,914 times
It's impressive nonetheless. It's a race car that can be street driven, not a streetcar. Let's see that car in bumper to bumper traffic in Manhattan day in day out on hot summer days. Let's see how well that streetcar does with parking, speed humps and bumps. I respect it for what it is. I actually like it, but I get a kick out of people calling it a streetcar. It's not. It's a race car than can be driven on the streets (and not all the time).

I have a friend that has an 8 second Corolla, in Florida (RWD, 2.7 liter Tacoma 4 cyl turbo motor), that is registered, insured, wheelie bars, roll cage, front and rear seats, stereo, the works. In essence, the same as that car (just not as fast, but still 8 seconds is nothing to laugh at). He loves to call it a streetcar. He takes it on the streets from time to time, cause he can, but I keep telling him, it's a RACE CAR that can de driven on the streets.

We can argue for years about it, and play with semantics. It still does not change the fact that these are race cars that are, and can be driven on the streets. It doesn't necessarily make them street cars.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:02 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
see? It sure can be done... sweet car.. well OVER 200 mph in the quarter..

Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
It's impressive nonetheless. It's a race car that can be street driven, not a streetcar. Let's see that car in bumper to bumper traffic in Manhattan day in day out on hot summer days. Let's see how well that streetcar does with parking, speed humps and bumps. I respect it for what it is. I actually like it, but I get a kick out of people calling it a streetcar. It's not. It's a race car than can be driven on the streets (and not all the time).

I have a friend that has an 8 second Corolla, in Florida (RWD, 2.7 liter Tacoma 4 cyl turbo motor), that is registered, insured, wheelie bars, roll cage, front and rear seats, stereo, the works. In essence, the same as that car (just not as fast, but still 8 seconds is nothing to laugh at). He loves to call it a streetcar. He takes it on the streets from time to time, cause he can, but I keep telling him, it's a RACE CAR that can de driven on the streets.

We can argue for years about it, and play with semantics. It still does not change the fact that these are race cars that are, and can be driven on the streets. It doesn't necessarily make them street cars.

Redundant, aren't we?

Old 09-25-2010, 10:13 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,774,443 times
Want to know the honest truth? What you might call a race car someone else might consider a street car.

Just like engines that are radically cammed that have a very erratic idle that have to idle at 1,000 rpm just to stay running.....some people think "that's a streetable engine" while others feel that's more of a race engine.

My 2 cents, yes I too believe that's more of a race car. But notice how he drives it in the rain, didn't look like he had any wipers on....sure hope there's tread on those tires or maybe he just changes them at the track. I'll bet for a 7 second 1/4 mile car that traps at 200 mph, he's got to be running a full race slick.

Wonder what 12GO's thoughts are on this car, knowing he's a Chevy hater?

Old 09-26-2010, 01:35 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Redundant, aren't we?

LOL. I made my point clear, didn't I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive