Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,404,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hard to believe you actually watched the race as claimed when you can't spell a word that was probably shown about 227 times during the race.

How long has that been the case? Last I paid attention every car fit the same templates.

And if you think there's rear wheel drive two door Camrys, Fusions, et al out there you're really not much of a car guy.

I didn't waste my time, what you did with yours isn't my problem.
I'm not much into debating those who claim to be experts but their posts show they are clearly not so to my ignore list with you.

BTW NASCAR does have a different template for ever brand. You should have paid better attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM

8,610 posts, read 14,914,278 times
Didn't watch Monaco this year, but I did watch Indy and the Coke 600.

Indy
The first 150 laps left a lot to be desired. The drivers were pretty much pacing themselves. Not a lot of action up front, but the field was still bunched together fairly well - unlike the 80s and 90s where a long green flag run like that would've resulted in 3 or 4 cars on the lead lap. The last 50 laps were great, and the finish was phenomenal. I think they could've swapped the lead more often than they did had they wanted to, but the track conditions weren't ideal. The drivers went for it when it was necessary.

Coke 600
Pretty run-of-the-mill 600. The two best cars finished 1-2. A little bit of contrived drama at the end. Harvick's crew choked away a win on pit road. Nothing really remarkable about the race aside from it being Johnson's first win of the year.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:34 PM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times
I watched Indy and NASCAR.... did not get up early enough to watch Monoco

I enjoyed both Indy and NASCAR.. i felt both were very good races..

Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Another thing that was cool about the weekend was Kurt Busch's 1100 miles attempt (Indy 500 plus Coca Cola 600).

Great Indy race, finishing 6th... but his engine blew in Charlotte. Shame. But kudos for trying it!
yep, i enjoyed that. perhaps they will schedule the races far enough apart in the future like they did this year so that more drivers from both series can attempt the double header.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I liked the decision on the red flag in the indy 500...
Knowing nascar they would have kept going around under caution until they reached that "green white checkered" BS.
the reason they red flagged the indy race is because they knew they would not be able to clean the track up in eight laps, and indy doesnt have a G-W-C rule, nascar does so that they have three shots at finishing the race under green.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:16 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I'm not much into debating those who claim to be experts but their posts show they are clearly not so to my ignore list with you.
Being told "maybe you(sic) not much of a car person" by someone who can't even spell Monaco, a car racing venue since 1929, means about as much to me as.......................

Actually, it doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

Ignore away as you appear to do with many things automotive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing