Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:15 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,063,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is the commute from Circle C to downtown (and vice versa) really only 10 minutes? Or is that at off-peak hours?
I met some buyers at a house in Circle C at 2PM yesterday, over in the Hielscher section off Spruce Canyon. It was 11 minutes door to door from Mopac/Spyglass.

If I were keeping the same appointment at 5:30PM, I'd budget about 30 minutes just to be safe, and figure I'd make it in about 20 minutes, give or take.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM

24 posts, read 131,471 times
Thank you for your responses everyone. This is very helpful for me.

One question about circle c, does it have all the amenities Steiner Ranch has? community centers, swimming pool, parks, etc...I want to make sure I have a lot of activities for my toddlers

Also, is one area safer than the other? or are they pretty much the same in terms of safety.

Finally, any other areas we should look at that are similar to these two?

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,098,605 times
Both Circle C & Steiner have the same amenities, but Steiner will have more pools compared w/ Circle C. However, the Golf, hiking/biking trails, etc. will be more diverse around Circle C than Steiner. There will also be more local activities available for toddlers in CC but that is not to say Steiner doesn't have any, it's just in relation to the other.

Both are pretty safe areas, but Circle C I believe is also serviced by APD as well as Travis Co. Sheriff, versus Steiner which I believe is just the Co. Sherrif's ofc.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM

675 posts, read 1,905,874 times
I think they are both extremely safe and great places for kids to grow up. We live in Southwest Austin (in Villages of Western Oaks just north of CC) and we couldn't be happier. We have two kids also. Just remember that Circle C is vast, so when you look at it be prepared to drive all around it and spend much of a full day seeing the different regions. You also should look at Meridian, it's very nice as well. Not part of Circle C but a little bit more isolated, yet close enough. Also in Circle C, keep in mind there's an "older" part and a newer part. Both parts are nice, though. The houses in the older part have a lot of trees and mature landscaping and feed into Kiker Elementary which is great. The newer part feeds into Clayton which is also a great school. You could probably get a better deal on something in the older area of Circle C. We really liked a house on Ricker Hill street down there (near the pool) but ultimately decided on Villages of Western Oaks mainly because it was 5 minutes closer to downtown.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,436,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Both Circle C & Steiner have the same amenities, but Steiner will have more pools compared w/ Circle C. However, the Golf, hiking/biking trails, etc. will be more diverse around Circle C than Steiner. There will also be more local activities available for toddlers in CC but that is not to say Steiner doesn't have any, it's just in relation to the other.

Both are pretty safe areas, but Circle C I believe is also serviced by APD as well as Travis Co. Sheriff, versus Steiner which I believe is just the Co. Sherrif's ofc.
I disagree about the hiking/biking trails being less diverse in Steiner. We are build next to a wildlife preserve, and there are about 20 miles of trails. And some of those go right to the lake. We also have a huge number of camps and organized programs like Sportball, Pop Warner leagues, etc. And there are dozens of smaller playgroups and such. There are also some businesses in Steiner (i.e. walk to) that are great, inlcuding an ice cream parlor/coffee shop that offers story times, kids' art classes, etc. And we are only serviced by Travis County Sheriff, but trust me, they are everywhere. The station is right down the street, and they are always in Steiner (and like to write speeding tickets, BTW). There's also a Fire Station (Hudson Bend) in Steiner. We also have 3 community centers with pools, tennis, etc. I think Circle C only has one pool.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Circle C's pool is 50 meters - if that matters to anyone. It was once the home of an elite swim team.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
Just to clarify, the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve is not restricted to Steiner Ranch residents - it's for all the population.

Those who live next to the preserve and other wildlands do have an added responsibility that goes with their proximity.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 PM

477 posts, read 1,581,664 times
The hiking and biking trails that go throughout Steiner Ranch ARE for Steiner Residents and their guests only. Any Preserve not within Steiner may be for everyone, but not the Steiner trails.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:05 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
The post I was replying to said:

We are build next to a wildlife preserve,

and that would be BCP, would it not?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,436,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
The post I was replying to said:

We are build next to a wildlife preserve,

and that would be BCP, would it not?
Yes, I never meant to infer that the preserve wasn't for everyone. I meant that are in walking distance to a preserve in addition to the private hike and bike trails within Steiner, giving us more options than just what's contained in the actual community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin