Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 10:34 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,630,842 times

Advertisements

Hi, Me and my fiance moved to Atlanta back in October 2015 from Houston. We moved here because she was looking for work in the entertainment industry due to her major in business marketing and music. She's a freelance journalist and does PR work in the music industry. Since we have no kids and are still fairly young we decided to move to Atlanta since the music infrastructure is clearly better then in Houston. We both got transfer's from our jobs in Houston but things didn't go quite as planned with my fiance's situation. Long story short she's making less pay here then she was making in Houston. And since we've been in Atlanta she hasn't heard back from any jobs that's she's well qualified for. Right now she's working all the way in Woodstock but we live in the Perimeter area. We see plenty of headquarters,companies,etc. in the Perimeter,Sandy Springs,Dunwoody,Brookhaven area so were thinking eventually one of these places has to bite. If she's not able to find something before our lease is up in November we might have to move back to Houston where she'll have better opportunities getting a higher paying job but would have to put her career in the entertainment industry on hold. I know City Data would probably be the last place to look for a job but i'm just trying all types of options out since I wouldn't want to move back so soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 04:27 AM

333 posts, read 388,549 times
RedlionJr.

Please consider State Farm. One of their call centers is in Dunwoody where they are also looking to hire up to 8,000 people. They pay well, the money will help keep food on the table and there are opportunities for advancement, but it is a call center. Sounds almost like a production environment.

Good luck.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,630,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMove View Post
RedlionJr.

Please consider State Farm. One of their call centers is in Dunwoody where they are also looking to hire up to 8,000 people. They pay well, the money will help keep food on the table and there are opportunities for advancement, but it is a call center. Sounds almost like a production environment.

Good luck.
Thanks I'll definitely inform her!

Old 03-04-2016, 05:16 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,756,200 times
People post info on companies relocating here almost every week. Do a search on here.

Tell her to go to the unemployment office. They have people there that will help her find a job.

Find a list of all the corporate headquarters here and tell her to go to their career page and start sending out resumes. After a week call them up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta