Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 AM

8,492 posts, read 15,089,712 times

Advertisements

I agree that they do indeed do a good job at making the city itself look pretty. Unfortunately, it leads to a big pet peeves of mine on C-D:

They'll show a shot of them getting into their car at their house located in North Fulton or Gwinnett, and then 10 seconds later they are magically passing the 17th street bridge with a view of the city on the horizon. Now I'm smart enough to know about selective editing (no one wants to see 30 minutes worth of awkward conversations), but to the "less informed" shall we say they may get the impression that we have subdivisions filled with McManshions right in the middle of the city.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Also, has anyone else noticed they're acting extra crazy this year? Maybe they're feeling the heat of RHONJ and need to out do them in the crazy department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 08:19 AM

23,676 posts, read 44,452,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post

They'll show a shot of them getting into their car at their house located in North Fulton or Gwinnett, and then 10 seconds later they are magically passing the 17th street bridge with a view of the city on the horizon. Now I'm smart enough to know about selective editing (no one wants to see 30 minutes worth of awkward conversations), but to the "less informed" shall we say they may get the impression that we have subdivisions filled with McMansions right in the middle of the city.
Yeah, that is pretty funny. Consider that:
Kim lives in Duluth, so does Nene.
Sheree lives in Sandy Springs.
Kandi lives in Fayetteville.
Not sure where the new ones live, but it's not like they're all huddled together on Wisteria Lane. These suburbs are many miles apart. For a NY'er, it would be like they lived in Greenwich, CT, Bronxville, NY and N. Caldwell, NJ.
And the show does give Atlanta a rather "Vegas" look.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:04 PM

426 posts, read 2,327,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
RHOA = Total Guilty Pleasure. It was like a reunion of old friends last night.
Totally agree. Good reality tv is people making spectacles out of themselves. It's not meant to reflect Atlanta so much, or should we say the Greater North Fulton area, but rather meant to just entertain people and make people laugh. If they were all blue blooded Buckhead Betties I assure you no one would watch.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:50 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,418,798 times
Did anyone else notice how quiet the boards got last night, particularly city vs city when it aired? I like how everyone loves to say how much of a disgrace the show is, but Bravo's #1 series is being watched by someone other than just me, or they wouldn't be #1 would they?

I still like NeNe, but she's just so loud and unnecessarily ghetto diva-like too much of the time. But she keeps me entertained nevertheless.......

I really like Sheray. She's a tough cookie, but I see the soft side beneath that tough exterior. She's also the hottest of the group to me.

Kim has issues, but I still like her for some reason. I still can't figure out why, but I just do. Maybe all of the Big Poppa mayhem and hijinks but he's out of the picture so we'll see what happens.

Candy is my favorite, but her hair is a disaster. She's always been a little "out there" in terms of hair, but she's going a bit overboard. NeNe isn't far behind though.......

Lisa and Ed were boring as hell, but I still miss her. The new attorney seems like she's going to be boring too, but we'll see. I'm glad it's back on, i missed them. I guess they'll show the model next week.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:06 PM

235 posts, read 347,453 times
What struck me about last night's Season 3, Episode 1 is that all these women (or at least the holdover cast members anyway) are celebrities now -- they know it and act like it, and that has changed the dynamics of the show. One entire storyline last night revolved around Kim's "outing" in the supermarket tabloids. This "reality" could make the show seem a lot less "real" and more contrived this season, IMO.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,562,535 times
Saw it for the first time. Hated it. Want my hour back.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:46 AM

23,676 posts, read 44,452,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnSAV View Post
What struck me about last night's Season 3, Episode 1 is that all these women (or at least the holdover cast members anyway) are celebrities now -- they know it and act like it, and that has changed the dynamics of the show. One entire storyline last night revolved around Kim's "outing" in the supermarket tabloids. This "reality" could make the show seem a lot less "real" and more contrived this season, IMO.
Yeah, Kim, Sheree and Nene have all gone a bit 'Hollyrock' this season.
Kim's alleged lesbian affair has accomplished exactly what Kim wanted it to.
I about fell out of my chair when I recognized Dwight's house; it's around the corner from mine in the Oak Grove neighborhood (and again, nowhere near any of the Housewives' residences). The house used to belong to the anchorwoman Karyn Greer.
I'll have to go and snoop around a bit.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 AM

439 posts, read 1,246,542 times
I swear I think they plan all this drama out before the cameras even start rollin. NeNe probably called Dwight up and said "lets create drama between us this season. that'll really get em going child."

Old 10-06-2010, 07:36 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,418,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
I swear I think they plan all this drama out before the cameras even start rollin. NeNe probably called Dwight up and said "lets create drama between us this season. that'll really get em going child."
I bet Dwight didn't anticipate Sheray's stylist labeling him a stunt queen on national television.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM

46 posts, read 200,778 times
Where does Kim get her money to live such a lifestyle? Does she hop from millionaire to millionaire? She basically is depending on someone else for money. Hope they claim her on their taxes. lol Was anyone else disgusted by the way Kim's eldest daughter was eating with her mouth wide open and out of the ice cream carton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta