Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 PM

32,065 posts, read 37,046,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
In short whites do not discipline their kids while blacks do
Whites eat trashy canned food, while blacks eat amazing cuisine...etc.
You see it all the time, especially the cuisine thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 05:58 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,846,109 times
Quote:
The only real housewife - in terms of money and status is that beautiful model from NYC that owns that restaurant with her husband.
How she managed to get roped into this show has yet to be revealed - but its important to note - she isnt married. In fact, Nene (marriage on the rocks - which is tragic - because with any flaws I think Greg loved Nene -although I do think he is a freak!) and Phaedra (despite my best efforts, I kinda like her - she makes me laugh). Weak.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:06 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,333,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
How she managed to get roped into this show has yet to be revealed - but its important to note - she isnt married. In fact, Nene (marriage on the rocks - which is tragic - because with any flaws I think Greg loved Nene -although I do think he is a freak!) and Phaedra (despite my best efforts, I kinda like her - she makes me laugh). Weak.
Right they're not actually married yet - I forgot. But she is truly gracious and in their case at least the success is real.

Sadly the other 4 are fake - glittering astro turf.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 34,010,818 times
They were showing clips on a different show today from this "Phaedra" woman and the comments she made to her husband about his being raised in a white household where "they" do not discipline their kids and feed their families with food from cans. I think these video clips are going viral as people are seeing them popping up everywhere. This gal sure learned real quickly how to create some controversy, didn't she?

Hmmmm.

My Mother cooked for my family as though every day was Thanksgiving. Nothing in our house ever came out of a can except the dog's dinner. The only thing that was even frozen in our house was ice cream. Everything was fresh, and either bought the day it was going to be prepared, or, grown in her garden out back. Granted, the meat came from Kroger, but I wasn't aware of any other Mothers in my neighborhood who slaughtered their own cows and pigs. As far as "discipline" goes - I think I still have a few imprints of my Father's belt on my butt which should answer that one. I think should this "Phaedra" and myself sit down to dinner, there would be quite a few comments I would have for her regarding not only what exits her mouth, but her possible IQ level as well.

And the clip I saw where she told her husband - "If my child even looks at me sideways, I'll beat the Hell out of them". Well, I hope child services saw that clip. It's on record. Wonderful example of a Mother-to-be. Wow.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:29 PM

884 posts, read 2,651,289 times
Quote:
Where does NeNe get her money? Her husband is apparently broke. NeNe used to work as a stripper named "Silk". Is she doing that again?
NeNe put out a book last year, also gets paid for tv appearances and public appearances, she will be on the celebrity apprentice w/Donald Trump. Still she isn't "rich".

Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM

13,704 posts, read 22,061,800 times
^^^ When y'all ask where do these women get their money, you realize of course that they all get paid big $$$ to be on this show, right?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:43 PM

32,065 posts, read 37,046,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
My Mother cooked for my family as though every day was Thanksgiving. Nothing in our house ever came out of a can except the dog's dinner. The only thing that was even frozen in our house was ice cream. Everything was fresh, and either bought the day it was going to be prepared, or, grown in her garden out back. Granted, the meat came from Kroger, but I wasn't aware of any other Mothers in my neighborhood who slaughtered their own cows and pigs. As far as "discipline" goes - I think I still have a few imprints of my Father's belt on my butt which should answer that one. I think should this "Phaedra" and myself sit down to dinner, there would be quite a few comments I would have for her regarding not only what exits her mouth, but her possible IQ level as well.
Well, you must have been the exception. We grew up eating straight from the can -- by the time we were 5 we could identify all the biggies just by holding them in our hand. Green Giant, Campbell's, Del Monte, store brand, you name it. Mama was the only one allowed to use the big electric can opener, of course, but all of us kids kept our own little hand-cranked openers for snacks.

I must have been at least 21 before I went to an African American restaurant and had my first taste of couscous, fresh arugala, and risotto with pan seared scallops and braised pinenuts. What a revelation! I guess that explains how Whole Foods picked their locations.

And talk about behavior. We were allowed get away with murder. I can't tell you how many times I thought about sassing grownups. And my sister was legendary for putting beans up her nose at the dinner table. Homework? Shoot, we didn't hit a lick at a snake unless somebody threatened to put us on restriction. Same with curfew. We totally ran wild until at least 7 pm, after our parents had yelled at us to come home a second time. Even then, many of us walked slowly.

So it sounds like this lady has put her finger on a couple of major deficiencies in white culture. I know people don't like it when white people air this kind of dirty laundry in public, but somebody has to have the courage to speak out.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:28 PM

13,704 posts, read 22,061,800 times
THAT'S WHITE CULTURE?! OMIGOD! I must have been born black and just didn't know it because my momma never served us anything "canned" unless it was "canned" in a jar and came out of my grandparents garden. We also had to say "yes ma'am" and "no sir", finish our homework before TV or going outside to play, and were at church every Sunday morning, Sunday night AND Wednesday night.

And to think all these years I thought I was white ....

Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,465,540 times
Yeah. I'm confused now too. I always thought I was black but my mom used to serve us canned peas, peaches, and sometimes even chef boy ardee out the can. Sometimes we would say stuff like ole shoot! or do we have to? when our mom would ask us to do something. The boy next door to us would get down right sassy with his parents all the time so he must have been secretly white as well. We did get whippings sometimes though so maybe we're only half white?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 34,010,818 times
My Dad was a retired Marine by the time I was born. One day I remember my Mom had tried some kind of fancy something or other she saw in a magazine. Chicken with hooey-haha sauce or something, along with fresh Asparagus (which I had never seen before) and something with roots growing out of it. I remember not remembering where I was for a minute and after taking the first bite slipping out, "Eww, this tastes like sh**". It took my Dad approximately 3.2 seconds to completely remove his belt, get up, reach me, get ME up out of my chair, and put a 30 day imprint on both sides of my butt. I then didn't get to eat dinner for two nights, lost TV priviledges for 30 days, and had to clean the basement. Well, at least Mom stuck to fresh chicken and turkey dinners with vegetabels I could I.D. after that.

That by the way, was a MILD punishment in my house. One night, my older Sister snuck back into the house and had been drinking with her friends. The punishment? She lost the keys to her car for the rest of that school year (6 months, and had to quit her part-time job), no TV, telephone, or friends over for 3 months, and had to go straight to her room for those 3 months, immediately after school every day.

Here's one more example for 'ole Phaedra: My nieces were acting up quite a bit one year when they were young (10 and 12). Three months before Christmas, my Brother told them if they did anything else bad, there would be no Christmas in that house that year. About a month before Christmas, they both did something pretty bad. So, the holidays came. No decorations were put up. No special holiday TV shows were watched. Still, the kids were sure that on Christmas morning they would run downstairs, and a tree was going to have been put up, and there would be gifts under it for them.... Nope. Nothing. Christmas morning came, they ran downstairs, and nada. No tree, no gifts. Instead they got to help shovel snow and clean the house that day.

I could go on for days. But I won't.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-21-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta