Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,432,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Are you a member of his Church?
Without a doubt they go to his church... his members have been flooding facebook, twitter and other social sites all day trying to divert away from it. I'm not even going to comment because I think its well known on here how I feel about mega churches anyways.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,454,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a&m bulldawg View Post
look at the bright side. At least gay people don't be gay all they life. They can change their feelings. Being gay, i think, is like an addiction. You can change anything but death.

lololololol!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,265,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Without a doubt they go to his church... his members have been flooding facebook, twitter and other social sites all day trying to divert away from it. I'm not even going to comment because I think its well known on here how I feel about mega churches anyways.
I believe that.

What I don't like about those big churches is, the members put too much faith into the pastor. It's almost cult like.

Are they members because of the pastor of because of god? Makes me wonder.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:11 PM

282 posts, read 637,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Unofficially---
The consensus seems to be 'hypocrisy'--in which case most of us would be guilty--to greater and lesser degrees. He considers homosexuality a 'sin'.

It's a mess--I'm not certain he could just pack his bags and begin again elsewhere.
Sure he can. Name change is 250 bucks, America is a big place, bigger than Atlanta. I have no issue with him being gay, wearing gay shirts, or hustling southern blacks for their money...I want to know what THE CHARGES are.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
Oh I am sorry I get it now, maybe you are more interested in hurting people and seeing them suffer than you are in really getting to the truth of the matter. However, God Bless you anyhow I will continue to keep you in my prays Suprascooby22 you must need them. I for one never placed any sexual accusations in any pray I offer to God I do HIS Word and that is not my fault if that offends YOU
Please cut the crap. Why are you acting all self right & praying for people that never asked? You wishing God to bless people....Who are you? Ask God to bless yourself.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM

43 posts, read 146,188 times
Why is everyone surprised? He is not the only pastor in Atlanta area doing this. So he's a man of the cloth... married with kids... and... he's human. I just can't stand the fact that he marched against gays, but enjoyed the relationships he carried on with them. Then he had the nerve to act as if he is above all other pastors and has an "Empire"... Well... now the empire is falling... Soddom and Gomorrah. Like they say... What you do in the dark, comes to light... NEXT...

Old 09-23-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Look at the bright side. At least gay people don't be gay all they life. They can change their feelings. Being gay, I think, is like an addiction. You can change anything but death.
being gay is an addiction? Can you tell us more about this?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,599,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
being gay is an addiction? Can you tell us more about this?
I believe the poster is being facetious--tongue in cheek comment.

You asked what the charges were---it's been a long day but I took the time to find a link for you>>>

Courthouse News Service

ATLANTA (CN) - Bishop Eddie Long, the pastor of a 25,000-member megachurch near Atlanta, coerced three young men in his congregation into sexual relationships, the alleged victims claim in DeKalb County Court. Long allegedly seduced his so-called "spiritual sons" with cars, clothes, cash, jewelry, electronics, trips and "access to numerous celebrities."
Long heads the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church and an offshoot ministry called the Longfellows Youth Academy.
One of the plaintiffs claims Long "would use Holy Scripture to discuss and justify the intimate relationship," and made sexual advances "in the immediate aftermath" of his best friend's death.
At least two of the plaintiffs were in their teens when Long allegedly abused his spiritual authority to coerce them "to engage in sexual acts with him."

^^^^^
I don't believe this man will be able to be a spiritual leader again---he can change his name but he is an internationally known figure.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitalevrone View Post
First of all one of the accusers robbed the church.God is the judge of the universe,how can you rob a sacred place and not respect the heavenly Judge and expect me to believe that you respect the earthy Judge. The bible says that you will know them by thier fruits and the fruits look rotten. Eddie Long is innocent until proven guilty and at this point it just looks like a man who was involved with mentoring younge men out of the kindness of his heart to increase the kingdom of God
and what does he get. JUDASES
Are you serious?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
*Mad Rapper Voice*

Tell em why you mad son! Tell em why you mad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta