Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 PM

297 posts, read 1,299,667 times

Advertisements

Any good trout fishing areas for kids in Arkansas and how's trout fishing in Arkansas during March and April months? Looking for a pretty place for famly vacation during Spring Break......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 05:44 PM

340 posts, read 1,314,163 times
I'm not sure how the fishing is in March and April, but I can recommend Rainbow Drive Resort on the White River (near Gassville, AR). Pretty location, nice cabins, and friendly staff. Bank fishing by the resort is good, and they have boats/motors for rent as well.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
wnc

2 posts, read 9,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoe View Post
Any good trout fishing areas for kids in Arkansas and how's trout fishing in Arkansas during March and April months? Looking for a pretty place for famly vacation during Spring Break......
Arkansas has some of the best trout waters on the Norfork and White river. My husband is a flyfishing guide Moderator cut: sorry, that's like advertising - not allowed - thanks

Last edited by Sam I Am; 02-13-2008 at 01:52 PM..

Old 02-13-2008, 12:45 AM

140 posts, read 475,133 times
Which part of Arkansas will you be nearest to ? My Son who is 11yrs old caught 17 pan size and + trout at white Hole area in late January, we were lucky to have a friend with a boat and another friend of his who is a experienced guide, we weren't that far from the ramp, when we started catching some nice ones. We used white or green Power Bait ,three to cover the hook , light line -4-6lbs, with a simple sinker, you can bank fish there as well, just remember , if you aren't getting bites just keep moving until you hit your ,"Honey Hole". Our Guides name is Max and he is an ex basket ball coach. This White River location is close to Fairview,AR and Flippin,AR, not far from Bull SHoals , AR- No Central- World Famous Rep for great Trout Fishing, Read the local papers too like the Mountain Echo and Baxter Bulletin for Fishing and Dam gernerating reports-important when out with waiters- the river can rise quick so be aware of that, you can ask at bait shops and call on the phone, and the Local radio stations and websites have this info. Just get out there and have fun, we did catch and release to keep them to get larger for you!!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 AM

490 posts, read 1,265,236 times
Default Gaston's

Give Gaston's a try. I have not been there but my father has been four or five times and raves about the place.

Gaston's White River Resort in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas

Old 02-13-2008, 06:10 PM

264 posts, read 1,150,994 times
The Little Missouri has some great Trout fishing near Murfreesboro in SW AR.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 PM

I forgot to mention the State Camp at Bull SHoals lake is great and safe and clean, resonable too. FIshing is right there. You can use it as a base for day trips, you can Tent or RV there. have FUn.ALso the little town of Cotter is known as the Trout Capital, look it up , they have good areas to fish on the White River. Look up White River and you will find many little Resorts and Cabins to rent as well. Buffalo City has a nice Log Cabins right on the White and Buffalo rivers were they merge, you can wade fish, in the summer you can just wear aqua shoes and wade in with shorts.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN-rox View Post
The Little Missouri has some great Trout fishing near Murfreesboro in SW AR.
Thanks for that tip i will take my SOn there , when we go diggin for Diamonds at the State Park at Murfeesoboro.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:57 PM

264 posts, read 1,150,994 times
Wink Anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmon View Post
Thanks for that tip i will take my SOn there , when we go diggin for Diamonds at the State Park at Murfeesoboro.
Great choice- I have found Murfreesboro to be one of the greatest vacation areas in AR! Lake Greeson, The Crater, the town, The Little Missouri- it makes for an amazing vacation, and I return year after year.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:00 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN-rox View Post
Great choice- I have found Murfreesboro to be one of the greatest vacation areas in AR! Lake Greeson, The Crater, the town, The Little Missouri- it makes for an amazing vacation, and I return year after year.
I think Glenwood and Caddo Gap are in this area also. Fishing/floating paradise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas