Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,009 times

Advertisements

This is just to let you know that you must be aware of rental scams, I was to rent a duplex in Bullhead City for Jan.Feb. and March of this year, I sent in $1200 to hold it, well the gal renting the place Lucinda Craig (Cindy) skipped town with my money, and now I find she duped others, and took their money too, we are all gathering information on this gal so if anyone has had this happen, or know the whereabouts of Lucinda, (Cindy) Craig please let us know, as the Attorney General is gathering information, just beware not everyone is honest, Happy vacationing! Susn
P.S. last known address of Lucinda Craig was somewhere in Las Vegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I’ve seen other websites with others who have similar posts about this scam. I agree with Susn that everyone needs to beware that this happens not only in Bullhead City but elsewhere. It is amazing that smaller communities like that have problems; you’d think there would be more talk about metro Phoenix or Tucson having scam trouble?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:39 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Wow, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I live in Bullhead. If I hear of anything I will let you know. Even though there are shadey people in Bullhead, leave it to someone that isn't from Bullhead to try to cash in on screwing people in Bullhead and giving Bullhead a more negative aura than it already has.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 PM

8 posts, read 36,360 times
we are moving in days we rented a house from Property AZ. we called the operator in ariziona no such listing we did a search nothing we maped the house was not on the map finder. Does anyone know of this company it on 10645 north tatum blvd.in phonix. we are getting worried we have a moving company will drive. we have no key till we get there have we been scammed??????? please help!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 PM

Thumbs down There may be problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan67 View Post
we are moving in days we rented a house from Property AZ. we called the operator in ariziona no such listing we did a search nothing we maped the house was not on the map finder. Does anyone know of this company it on 10645 north tatum blvd.in phonix. we are getting worried we have a moving company will drive. we have no key till we get there have we been scammed??????? please help!!!!!!

I do not find any business by that name is listed with the local telco directory in Phoenix. I also did a search on two different map websites and found that the address that you have provided is a shopping center. Back to checking for the business by using the address there is no reality office or property management shows up at that location.

Is it possible that the address or name of the business you provided is incorrect? How did you originally contact this business for renting a house? Did you mail a check for payment and if so who did you make it payable to and where did you send it?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:36 PM

Default i found it on rentclicks.com

thank you for all your help the firm was called property Az .Has anyone heard of this company??????

Old 01-10-2007, 08:41 PM

we mailed the check to that address it was cashed already. we have a moving company to move to our house we going to rent on W. Hasan drive we cant find our address on the map we are from michigan we did not go the our new house yet we hope it there

Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Rental scams huh? Wow, maybe a good rule of thumb, not to send money and/or agree to rental contracts sight unseen.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Question www.propertyaz.com has anyone heard of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan67 View Post
we mailed the check to that address it was cashed already. we have a moving company to move to our house we going to rent on W. Hasan drive we cant find our address on the map we are from michigan we did not go the our new house yet we hope it there
I’ve always liked to deal with real people, people that you talk with and shake hands with. Seems that the www.propertyaz.com is a website reality office online. I haven’t been able to get any person to answer a phone call yet – everything goes to voicemail. I can’t find any information listed in the local teleco telephone directory for verification of an office address and number for this company. Has anyone else done business with them or know about them? “michigan67” seems to have a problem with getting information from the company and I can find much to help out yet.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:56 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,318,872 times
Angry There might be a remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’ve always liked to deal with real people, people that you talk with and shake hands with. Seems that the www.propertyaz.com is a website reality office online. I haven’t been able to get any person to answer a phone call yet – everything goes to voicemail. I can’t find any information listed in the local teleco telephone directory for verification of an office address and number for this company. Has anyone else done business with them or know about them? “michigan67” seems to have a problem with getting information from the company and I can find much to help out yet.
I just went to the website. Boy, all the REALTOR (TM) symbols. Which if that part is not a scam, there are very strict laws and regs for real estate agents (those who are not realtors) and an additional code of ethics for realtors. Michigan67 may want to start by calling the Arizona Dept of Real Estate. First of all, you can find out if the ADRE has that particular company and those specific agents listed as active licensees. Secondly, if these people are who they say they are, Michigan67 can file a complaint with the ADRE and action will be taken. The ADRE really follows through on complaints against agents. That is, if these people are, in fact, really real estate agents. Otherwise, it would be fraud and the attorney general's office would be involved.

There is the Landlord/Tenant Act in the state of Arizona. Michigan67 can google that. It really spells out tenant rights and steps they can take to get a situation corrected.

Did Michigan67 sign a rental agreement? That should provide some protection, unless this is out-and-out fraud.

Hope this helps. How awful! to be ready to move and not know whether or not you have a house to go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona