Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 04:20 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,421,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Kingman.

The temps aren't quite as moderate as the chart that Ken posted for Sierra Vista, but it's not anywhere as hot as Phoenix. Plus we have really good medical here. Centrally located, close to Bullhead/Laughlin, Lake Havasu City, and under two hours to Vegas.
Actually the temps I posted were not for Sierra Vista but rather for our land in J-6. Sierra Vista IS very similar though.

And yes you are right (as usual), Kingman is relatively moderate as well - not quite much so as SV (or J-6) but not too bad at all since it's higher in elevation than Southwest Arizona.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM

174 posts, read 431,950 times
Default whats J6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Actually the temps I posted were not for Sierra Vista but rather for our land in J-6. Sierra Vista IS very similar though.

And yes you are right (as usual), Kingman is relatively moderate as well - not quite much so as SV (or J-6) but not too bad at all since it's higher in elevation than Southwest Arizona.

Ken
talk to me in city/town names, so I can look 'em up.......J-6 .. is that a Thomas Guide coordinate?

Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleoftheroad View Post
talk to me in city/town names, so I can look 'em up.......J-6 .. is that a Thomas Guide coordinate?
J-6 is the name of general area south of exit 297 on I-10. North side of I-10 in that area is known as Mescal (and is not that nice), south side of I-10 is known as J-6 (J-Six) and is quite a bit better. The area is named after the old J-Six Ranch that once was there (later becoming a dude ranch that hosted a young JFK during his college years). Later a development with 1 acre lots went up in the area (in the 1970's) that was known as J-Six Ranchettes (where we have land). A more expensive development called J-SiX Ranch (later renamed Red Hawk at J-Six) is also in the are and featured more expensive lots of 4 acres. You can find J-6 on Google Maps by searching for Benson Az and then then scrolling west about 8 miles or so. It's maybe 5 miles or so west of the I-10 & Highway 90 (that area is known as Whetstone).
The following link is to an expandable photo showing the location - with an arrow and the words "The Property" (near the lower right corner) in relation to Tucson (click on the photo to expand it):

http://image59.webshots.com/559/1/5/...0Ikluyf_fs.jpg

Ken

Old 07-25-2010, 09:35 AM

861 posts, read 2,199,475 times
LordBalfor is right...SE AZ is great...and Sierra Vista, Benson would be just about perfect.

We are a little hotter in Safford, but still much nicer than Phoenix/Tucson in the summer.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:25 AM

Default forbidden ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
J-6 is the name of general area south of exit 297 on I-10. North side of I-10 in that area is known as Mescal (and is not that nice), south side of I-10 is known as J-6 (J-Six) and is quite a bit better. The area is named after the old J-Six Ranch that once was there (later becoming a dude ranch that hosted a young JFK during his college years). Later a development with 1 acre lots went up in the area (in the 1970's) that was known as J-Six Ranchettes (where we have land). A more expensive development called J-SiX Ranch (later renamed Red Hawk at J-Six) is also in the are and featured more expensive lots of 4 acres. You can find J-6 on Google Maps by searching for Benson Az and then then scrolling west about 8 miles or so. It's maybe 5 miles or so west of the I-10 & Highway 90 (that area is known as Whetstone).
The following link is to an expandable photo showing the location - with an arrow and the words "The Property" (near the lower right corner) in relation to Tucson (click on the photo to expand it):

http://image59.webshots.com/559/1/5/...0Ikluyf_fs.jpg

Ken
Hmmmmm. Pic won't open for me....I get a "You don't have permission to access /559/1/5/15/2145105150028665280Ikluyf_fs.jpg on this server."

Old 07-25-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleoftheroad View Post
Hmmmmm. Pic won't open for me....I get a "You don't have permission to access /559/1/5/15/2145105150028665280Ikluyf_fs.jpg on this server."
Ah..... I forgot it's a private album.
Here you go, take a look at this series of maps that increasingly zoom in on the J-6 area. The first one shows the area along I-10 from Tucson to Benson. The secon one shows the area along I-10 from just west of J-6/Mescal over to Whetstone. In the last photo (the closest in) J-6 Ranchettes is on the south side of I-10 and Mescal is on the north side. The area is right along the Pima/Cochise County line (which is clearly visible as the verticle yellowish line in the 2nd & 3rd maps).

Does that help?

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
ANY PLACE in AZ like this?-map1.jpg   ANY PLACE in AZ like this?-map2.jpg   ANY PLACE in AZ like this?-map3.jpg  

Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM

177 posts, read 433,441 times
Sedonas pricey. Prescott seems like your best match. other possibilities include Williams and Flagstaff, but it can get cold there in the winter. Ever consider two inexpensive homes. Live in redmond in the summer when it is hot in PHX, and live in phoenix when it is cold in redmond. PS-Surprise is not that cold. On any day, it almost never colder than phoenix, although the west valley experiences exaggerated versions of Phoenix weather. peoria is usually 1-7 degrees warmer than phoenix in summer, and 2-6 degrees colder in winter. I wake up often to 30 degrees outside, although this past winter was quite mild.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:57 PM

Default major snow levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel NC View Post
Sedonas pricey. Prescott seems like your best match. other possibilities include Williams and Flagstaff, but it can get cold there in the winter. Ever consider two inexpensive homes. Live in redmond in the summer when it is hot in PHX, and live in phoenix when it is cold in redmond. PS-Surprise is not that cold. On any day, it almost never colder than phoenix, although the west valley experiences exaggerated versions of Phoenix weather. peoria is usually 1-7 degrees warmer than phoenix in summer, and 2-6 degrees colder in winter. I wake up often to 30 degrees outside, although this past winter was quite mild.
Prescott gets a lot of snow. I'm too old to play in the snow!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM

24,647 posts, read 26,203,441 times
Prescott does not get a lot of snow in my opinion.

PRESCOTT, ARIZONA - Climate Summary

Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Default different pages=different answers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Prescott does not get a lot of snow in my opinion.

PRESCOTT, ARIZONA - Climate Summary
Who do you trust? Its hard to believe much of anything on the web, in some cases...

Scroll down to the "Snowfall" graph on this page. You'll see why I said that.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona