Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 09:01 PM

2,623 posts, read 2,354,453 times

Advertisements

Power hour.

Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 06:15 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,872,241 times
I've got more stories than I care to admit to. One time I was partying in Palm Springs during spring break and got so hammered that I walked up to a police officer that was talking to some guy he pulled over and I asked the cop what he was doing.

Needless to say you can figure out what happened next.

Another time our frat was having a party and I got pretty hammered so some people decided to throw me in my car to sleep it off, but they took the keys. I woke up around 6 in the morning with a deadly hang over in the back seat of my VW bug with no keys to drive my car home. We were in one of the worst ghetto areas I've ever been in and I had to figure out how to get home with just a dollar or two in my wallet.

I was never a type to yack. I hardly ever throw up, that's just a waste of booze.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:31 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,851,869 times
It was 1989. We had a weekend pass off the old Fort McClellan, Alabama and some of us had gotten copious amounts of alcohol and a hotel room in nearby Oxford. I was drinking rum and cokes. For some reason, a collective decision was made late in the evening to return to base (I cannot recall why - but then, I cannot recall much). I still had most of a bottle of rum yet. What to do with it? I drank it down. All of it, at once.

Fortunately, a couple of my fellow soldiers saw what I did and got me back to the barracks safe and sound. When I awoke the net morning, I was laying in my own vomit - when I rose, my pillow came with me, stuck to the side of my head. That was a Sunday. Fortunately, we had the day off. It was an extremely unpleasant Sunday. I was 20 years old.

We do some strange things when we're young and dumb, don't we?

Old 05-22-2016, 10:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,960,941 times
So the worst that had happened to me was a headache and crappy sleep. But I will share the worst thing I have had.

Went to a restaurant with a friend. They only had a beer/wine license. I saw a cider on the menu. A Dry Basque style cider. I thought that sounded good. My friend and I asked the waitress for it. And she insisted on bringing us a sample first. I thought it was strange but we went with it.

She brought the taste out and it was the worst thing I have ever tried. It tasted like musty, salty, fizzy ocean water. It was so gross. We immediately swapped to cava and thanked the waitress for saving us from that disaster. We had a few sips left so we tried to pair it with our food. It was better, but I do not need to try that again. If you see basque cider, run.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:36 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,136,207 times
My worse situation with alcohol was one of my friends becoming an alcoholic and calling me all hours of the night to cry about it. The fact I had to get up in two hours was of no importance.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:38 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,485,700 times
Years ago, happy hour, 5 marguerites...I could barely drive and it was very late at night. I didn't know what was real or not. Is that a green light or not? Scary. I made it home and gave up drinking for many years. Even now I will only have a glass of wine at a special dinner, say a birthday celebration. I have wine at in my house, even tequila, but never drink it. It is for guests.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:09 AM

17,458 posts, read 15,592,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
My worse experience was when I was in my young 20s and drank tequila one night. I woke up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. I wanted some Coke or Pepsi or something, but had none. So I chugged some milk. A while later I was throwing up milk that had curdled in the tequila in my stomach. I didn't drink tequila for many years after that. I don't know why I didn't just drink some water.
You win.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,260,789 times
There was a 4 year period that coincided with college which left me with many Thursday and Friday night stories I don't tell very often....those were my party nights, other days I didn't drink at all.

Waking up under a tree in somebody's front yard at 8AM on a Friday, waking up in bed next to a girl I didn't remember, a couple vomiting experiences, and then a few embarrassing mornings when people would tell me that I was ridiculous the night before and I didn't remember. The bad alcohol stories always happened after all-night studying experiences. I would study all night without sleeping, take a test, go out drinking, barely eat anything (until very late night pizza)...and surprise, I got drunk. I got my act together after that...now I only drink beer. Drinking to not remembering isn't cool.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,900,111 times
While in college, I went to the bf's frat's party. Apparently some time during the evening, someone decided I needed a nap. When I woke up I went downstairs, and there was one guy up. I asked him where everybody went, and he said everyone went home already. It was 5 am and I missed the whole party. Or at least I don't remember it....

Old 09-19-2016, 02:26 PM

22 posts, read 17,786 times
Massive hangover
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages