Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2006, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,496 times

Advertisements

We live in Florida and are thinking of moving to Collinsville, on Hwy 68 (we are looking at a property tomorrow). Can you give me any information on the area. It looks beautiful to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2006, 05:27 PM

27 posts, read 158,360 times
I lived in Leesburg, Fort Payne, and Gadsden, all surrounding Collinsville. There is NOTHING in Collinsville except the Saturday Flea Market. That doesn't mean its not worth living there, because there ARE things to do, places to go just a few miles away. In particular, one of the greatest treasures of America, and largely undiscovered, Little River Canyon. It is an unbelievable example of the creator's handiwork.

You will find that property around Collinsville is probably the least expensive in the entire state. Why? Because there ain't no JOBS in Collinsville or nearby. That's O.K. if you are retired and just want to get away from the madness. :-)

Old 08-09-2006, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 16,984 times
I live close to there. Theres nothing in Collinsville much anymore. Theres a Tyson Chicken plant that stinks up most of the town. Theres the ever popular Trade Day that most EVERYONE in the county visits to sell or buy merchandise. Over all. The farm land there is great. Good for raising cows and horses. Hay and cotton are popular to grown there. Its roughly 15 miles from Ft. Payne. A good 45 to Gadsden and another 20 to Centre. So if its country your looking for. Its country your getting. They have one grocery store, the Piggly Wiggly. One Dollar General. One video rental store called Video Hut. They have a main street that has been overtaken by hispanic stores and the like with one barber shop still located there. Other than all this....If theres anything else I can help you with feel free to E-mail me.
~DR~

Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 15,829 times
Smile collinsville

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHorseFarms View Post
We live in Florida and are thinking of moving to Collinsville, on Hwy 68 (we are looking at a property tomorrow). Can you give me any information on the area. It looks beautiful to me!
they have a big flea market on sundays in collinsville thats all i know about that area

Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,917 times
Collinsville is still a cesspool of drugs and illegal invaders. The police dept. is NOT to be trusted. The most un-informed city council I've ever seen. Basically a little tijuana

Old 12-14-2008, 12:04 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
DriftingRain says-------There's a Tyson Chicken plant"--

after reading that, the post by blacktree doesn't surprise me.

seems the 2 go hand in hand played out all over the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama