Thread: Ukraine War
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2023, 01:29 PM
erasure

27,087 posts, read 23,067,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
All of that human misery & suffering because of arbitrary & ever-changing lines on the ground, and nazi xenophobia toward those kindred with a Country to which they used to be in Union with.
One man tried to settle it peacefully and without war...but the West/NATO rejected and nixed it, because they looooooove war.
Those that rejected those Peace Agreements should be hung from the top of the Eiffel tower.

There is even more to the story than meets the eye.

Remember that Ukrainian deputy that was warning about the upcoming coup d'etat organized by American Embassy in Kiev?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hOl8TuBUM&t=42s

So after Yanukovich was removed, he was running as the next presidential candidate as well. ( Oleg Tzarev is his name.)

And he didn't hesitate to arrive to the TV studio in Kiev from Eastern Ukraine, for the mainstream program "Freedom of Speech," even though he already knew that his life was in danger. ( That was April 2014.)

So this is what he is saying here, starting at 1:24

"Hear the people!
I was meeting not with the functionaries, not the government officials, not with the oligarchs.
I was meeting with people that are walking the streets.
And believe me, there are no such cities, there are no such buildings where I wouldn't be welcomed to.
People over there trust me, they are ready to have a dialogue.
So what do people are talking about?
People want two state languages. People want the language I talk to you now in, to be a state language. People want federalization. People want the criminal cases opened against the riot police and other political activists put in prisons all over the country to be closed.
My lawyers are participating in these cases and are helping these people; we know their each and every name.
Today the army has been called, today there are calls "to cleanse these territories (South-East,) today the citizens of our country are christened "terrorists" - and why? What for?
In order to justify the violence that might take place towards the citizens of Ukraine.
And why is this happening?
Because the government, during the long period of time, didn't want to hear its own citizens.
Because the government is that's who is a true separatist here. It divides people into "real Ukrainians" and "not real Ukrainians."
But we are all Ukrainians. We all love Ukraine. We all want to live in the unified Ukraine."

Meanwhile, at 3:03 you see the crowd waiting for him outside the studio building. These are the people who are ready to shred him to pieces, chanting "Oleg, come here."
3:26: He continues; "Pay attention at these three requests - do they even go against Ukrainian laws?
If you weigh out the peace in Ukraine, the tranquility in Ukraine, and these three requests - isn't it easier to fulfill them, in order to keep the peace? I am sure that there is no need to send the army there. I am sure that all it takes is couple of days to calm down the protests. Al that's necessary is to give the amnesty, and to satisfy two more requests - regarding the Russian language and the federalization.
4:12. "I really think that we have an opportunity to prevent the bloodshed. I really think that we have an opportunity to save the country, to keep it together. To save the lives of our children. To save the future of our country. But for that, we have to stop the escalation of violence, to stop the military operations, to start the negotiations. I guarantee that these negotiations can be successful. I went through the whole South-East, I spent a lot of time for this trip. And this is true - don't listen to TV, don't listen what it tells you every day, because THERE IS a possibility to save the country. And there are the same Ukrainian citizens living in the South-East of the country, as in the Western and central parts of it. And all we want the same - we don't want a war."
So at 12:46 you see the crowd ready to shred him to pieces after this speech. He survived by miracle that evening.
These were the Ukrainian nationalists - the kind of people that US backed up in this conflict, and a lot of Americans - unknowingly so at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cke6sUXovLY&t=190s

So as you can see, the war was in the making already for long time, and this was the first serious attempt to prevent it, but to no avail, alas.

Last edited by erasure; 04-27-2023 at 01:57 PM..