View Single Post

Old 09-21-2022, 09:41 AM
LauraC

37,888 posts, read 41,362,803 times
Good morning, beautiful people! In honor of the last day of the summer of 2022, I will be asking some summery (and maybe some fallish) questions. Enjoy! You must really like summer.

1. Describe a perfect summer day, either real or imagined: It's unseasonably cold so no mosquitos or air conditioning needed. It's overcast so no shadows for photography and butterflies are all over the place. On second thought, if it's unseasonably cold, I won't see any butterflies so nevermind.

2. Do you have Indian Summer where you live? (Sorry, that may not be a politically correct term.) What are the usual temps? I just looked up when exactly that is and found this on Google's Q & A and thought it was interesting: "When European settlers first came across the phenomenon in America it became known as the Indian's Summer. The haziness of the Indian Summer weather was caused by prairie fires deliberately set by Native American tribes. It was the period when First Nations/Native American peoples harvested their crops. Indian summer is a period of warm weather following a cold spell or a hard frost." See this photo below taken in my town on November 15 a few years ago. The leaves remaining are post fall foliage and everyone in the photo is dressed like it's summer including the tall guy walking who isn't even wearing a shirt. So, I'm going with a "yes."

3. Is your favorite summer food: a) Watermelon, or b) hot dogs, or c) something else (tell us what it is!)? I don't really eat seasonally except for fruit.

4. Do you display a national flag for any holidays during the summer? If so, please expound. There's one on a flagpole along with the state flag that I can see from a window and door all year long. Last time I took a photo of it from my patio door, it was Christmas Eve 2020 and it was snowing. But I don't put up any decorations outdoors for any holiday any time of the year because I physically can't do it. The town decorates the main road for July 4, Christmas, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

5. What do you love the most about summer? Waiting for Fall.

6. What do you like the least about summer? Heat

7. What do you love the most about fall? My club's annual photo competition/salon usually in November or late October.

8. What do you like the least about fall? Can't think of a thing.

9. Describe any plans you have, even tentative, for the holiday season. Which holiday?

10. Fan or not of pumpkin scents, pumpkin pie, pumpkin flavors, anything? No opinion. Don't eat or drink anything pumpkin-like. The scent is okay.

That's it for today! Enjoy your week, and as usual, here's your reminder that it is HUMP DAY! Love that ad.