View Single Post

Old 03-16-2020, 10:09 AM
Tulemutt

22,033 posts, read 16,821,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
No, you're far too liberal to be called a Democrat......you keep trying to appear less liberal for some reason, yet you clearly are...just embrace it, it ain't no big thing.....
Woody, I enjoy when faux-conservatives on these forums call me “liberal”. Gives me a reason to restate, over and over, one of my favorite points:

“Ideologies are poor excuses for lazy intellects.”

Faux-conservatives, such as you appear to be, think that anyone who differs from any of your ideological positions MUST be a liberal. You think this because you are too lazy to analyze issues each objectively on individual merits.

As I just posted in similar response to another faux-conservative in a different thread:

I’m not a Democrat. And I haven’t made any comments - supportive or otherwise - about the Democrats.
I am an extreme state’s rightist ... think the federal government is GROSSLY oversized and interfering in every respect.
I am anti-welfare.
Anti-immigration.
Pro-strong military.
Anti on free higher education
... among other issues of present controversy.

Among my most respected pundits / political analysts are:
#1 - David Brooks - true, and life-long, conservative
George Will - true, and life-long, conservative
Bill Kristol - true, and life-long, conservative

I have voted for republicans in elections for both governorships and POTUS.

There are many true conservatives who are strong environmentalists.
There are many true conservatives who support universal health care.
There are many true conservative economists who support UBI.

Etc.

I am neither conservative nor liberal ... I am a true, life-long, independent logician and analyst. When I hold a position shared by liberals, it is because I have analyzed the issue considering whatever science (particularly anthropological) and logic might apply. I cast my decision observing those laws of nature. You appear to cast yours on whatever the faux-right dictates to serve self-interests.