View Single Post

Old 06-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Loop

73 posts, read 93,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
The traffic was heavy, but nothing compared to Murfreesboro or Franklin. I liked the Fresh Market, Marshalls, and other similar style stores coming to the area. I wouldn't be surprised if Costco or Whole Foods came to the area. I've never heard of Hendersonville having a crime problem though, news to me as the area seems safe.
I'm in M'boro nearly every week. H'ville's traffic is worse. M'boro is more spread out.

Fresh Market is overpriced. I was in there the week it opened and if you had a cart, you wouldn't have been able to get through. I've been in there a couple times recently, and the last time I actually counted 13 customers in the store, with the time before that having even less.
I predicted before FM even opened that it wouldn't do well. I give it two years max.
A Trader Joes wouldn't have done much better.

H'ville's Marshalls's inventory is lacking, at least with men's clothing. But someone else mentioned that the store seemed smaller, or inventory (either general, or womens clothes) was less than usual.

I believe the H'ville police chief has talked about the increasing crime lately. Even some gang activity. A lot of people come from Madison to H'ville now. Probably from Gallatin and G'ville too.

Sams Club took the place where Costco was possibly going, but couldn't work it out. I don't seem H'ville getting a Whole Foods any time soon.