View Single Post

Old 10-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Jack Lance

6,321 posts, read 7,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
So that's ok? The water was only toilet quality for 4 days? That's just the start of it: Flesh eating bacteria is not a new threat! (Flesh eating bacteria is not a new threat - Between The Lines - Galveston Daily News)

You might fool some people but you can't fool me. I lived in Houston for 26 years. I went to Galveston countless times, but did so to visit the town, not the beaches. You don't need to know that the water was toilet quality only 4 days this summer or that flesh eating bacteria is nothing new. All you need to do is to look at the nasty, murky brown water and use your common sense.

Only a shameless homer or someone who has never visited an actual beautiful beach would claim Galveston belongs in this discussion.
Sorry you got jilted in Houston but my point is high levels of bacteria in the beach water is not peculiar to Galveston. Case in point,

"Take caution if you're headed to the Florida beaches this summer: a potentially deadly species of bacteria found in saltwater has infected at least eight people and killed two people so far this year, according to state officials.

The bacterium, Vibrio vulnificus, blooms in Florida's warm May to October climate. ABC News reported that there were 32 recorded cases of infection in that state last year, and seven deaths."

Your shameless flame towards Galveston trys to make it seem this is a problem found only in Galveston when in fact it is going to be an issue on just about any beach anybody may want to go to.

The OP decides whats included in any thread. Your attack failed miserably..

Avoiding 'flesh-eating bacteria' this summer - CNN.com