View Single Post

Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Benicar

15,171 posts, read 18,713,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
This was linked in by "Liquid Reigns" on post #39 (NBC Latino):

It has everything to do whether a Hispanic birth was to a mother born in or outside the United States...

Bottom of the Yahoo article I quoted in the original post:

But I'm at least reading the references correctly...
Nice try. As you know, I am referring to MY linked info in post #13, which according to the Census Bureau, clearly states that 91.7% of ALL births in this country were "minority" births, of which 56% (the majority) were Hispanic. You then responded in post #17, I replied again in post #18, and the discussion continued. So, why are you now trying to make this a discussion involving LR's post #39, considering his post came well after our discussion? As a matter of fact, even after I responded to his post by saying, "IBM, do you have an opinion on this," you didn't respond. Nor did you reference his post #39, that is, until now.

Quote:
Whether you reject those numbers or not, your claim was that the U.S. government didn't track illegal immigration data at all...
The U.S. doesn't track illegal immigration data at all. Did you see any numbers specifically for illegal alien births? If so, please post them, because I have yet to see that data. In fact, the only data I have seen refers to "Hispanic" citizen and non-citizen births, "Hispanic" women born outside the US, Mexican "immigrants" etc. None mention illegal aliens of any race, ethnicity, or national origin.

Quote:
Why is my opinion held to a higher qualification than yours? You stated:
It isn't. However, you continue to insist that illegal aliens only account for the minority of Hispanic births, when you haven't a shred of evidence to support your claim. On the other hand, I admit I can only "assume" based on the available data, which indicates "most" of the Hispanic births were to women born outside the US. According to reports, for the first time in U.S. history, illegal immigration outnumbers legal immigration. Therefore, I can only surmise, the majority of the births are to illegal aliens. Of course, I could be wrong. But, unfortunately, there is no reliable data to prove or disprove my assumption. As long as the government refuses to identify and separate illegal alien births from other categories, one can only speculate.

Quote:
Your "fact", was in fact, not true...

44% of Hispanic births in 2010 were to mothers born in the United States. Of the 56% of foreign-born Hispanic mothers in 2010, if only 7% (about 70,000) of that is to Legal Permanent Resident mothers, mothers in Puerto Rico, 'K' visa mothers, or births to Hispanic mothers on valid visitor visas or Border Crossing Cards, then a majority of Hispanic births in the United States in 2010 are not to illegal alien mothers.

So yeah, it wasn't an illegal immigration topic after all...
Again. . . .

Quote:
Results from the 2010 Census showed that racial and ethnic minorities accounted for 91.7% of the nation’s growth since 2000. Most of that increase from 2000 to 2010—56%—was due to Hispanics

But most births to Hispanic women are to those born outside the U.S.

Lacking data specifically on illegal alien births, you knew it wasn't an illegal immigration topic prior to posting this thread.