View Single Post

Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Alpha8207 

7,784 posts, read 14,964,823 times

Advertisements

VOTERS: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST! When you are voting in the poll, please keep a few things in mind. Entrants were encouraged to take their best 'nature' shot as a theme picked by a previous winner. The previous winner wanted no specifics on subjects and so the 'sky was the limit' on what posters could shoot and submit. Please keep the theme and the guidelines below in mind as you help us choose our next CD Photo Contest winner.

Please do not post to this thread since comments and compliments might skew other voters. You can make comments in this thread or leave the photographers positive rep comments, they'd appreciate that!

After this poll closes, the Top 10 pictures will be narrowed down for a final vote. So please, watch the action! We'll need you to vote again! Vote away and thanks for your participation!

Please note this thread is here for review and comments. Please make any suggestions in this thread.

Please read this entire post before posting.

Welcome to the second City-Data Photography Contest. It's just for recreation and good times. This contest was just an idea that materialized and we've worked through, and isn't officially sanctioned by City-Data. So if you have issues and or gripes, direct them to me, not City-Data.

Unlike the previous contest, this thread will serve as the entry and voting thread. I've tried to include most of the changes below, but let me summarize here:

I'll open this thread on February 4th for everyone to start posting their pictures. I'll do the same huge merge I did last time to keep pictures from being pushed to a second page when I set up the poll and open voting. Voting will last about 5 days.

The theme: NATURE, no specifics, use your creativity!

Now the details for this thread. Remember, all contestants should be very familiar with the rules/guidelines provided here.

1. This thread is open to the first 30 entrants. (See EDIT below)
2. Contestants, please post your picture, a title (if you'd like), and your name IN the post.
3. This thread will be closed until February 4th, at which time posters can begin adding their images to this thread.
4. We will leave the thread open for submissions until February 8th, at which time I will add a poll with all contestants names for voting. Voting will then begin and run for 5 days, closing on the 13th.
5. No 'Great Shot' posts or 'Nice work' allowed. If you see ANY posts here that aren't picture submissions, please use the report post feature by clicking this symbol . A moderator will be notified and the post will be deleted. There should be nothing here to skew the votes. I might need to make a post in this Contest thread, but I doubt it.
6. After the poll closes, the winner will be announced and the prize will be rewarded.
7. Remember gang, this is just for fun. We're all just hangin' out, trying to be better photographers.
8. Participants can vote for their own pictures and are encouraged to do so!
9. If you see something that is not original work that's been posted here, please repost the post AND DM me too. We will take care of the post, the picture, and the ramifications of that activity.
10. No restrictions on dimensions, try and limit file size to 400K, but no one is going to be penalized on file size. If you can size it down, great. If not, don't worry about it.
11. No restrictions on subjects but the voting will based on adherance to the theme by the voters.
12. Please use new, fresh pics shot recently. Nothing out of your photo stock.
6. One picture per contestant. (color, black and white, your choice!)
7. If you know what EXIF data is and you don't mind posting it, please do so. It might help us all become better shots.
8. The prize offered is still up in the air. We're working on a couple of options but again, it's MOSTLY for fun.
10. If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to DM me.

EDIT:
Update on #1 above, more than 30 entrants are allowed. So post if you have a pic.
Also, in the thread linked to in the first line of this OP, we decided to leave the voting open, narrow the field to the top 10 pictures, and then re-vote on the top 10.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 02-08-2008 at 11:21 PM..