Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,715 times

Advertisements

And the Moron of the Week Award goes to...

Conservative radio show host Bob Grant asserted during his show on Wednesday that Barack Obama is acting in ways that are symptomatic of a person who'd like to be a dictator. The symptoms of Obama's desire to be Dictator of the US, according to Grant, include the 'O' flags Obama was seen standing in front of during a recent speaking engagement in Toledo, Ohio. Grant states that Obama modified the American flag to create 'O' flags, and his use of these "Obama flags" indicates his desire to be a dictator. Unfortunately for Bob Grant, he forgot to make sure that the 'O' flag isn't a legitimate flag before he made his ludicrous allegations.

Silly Republican...the flag in question is not an Obama flag...it's the state flag of Ohio.

I can't believe there isn't more backlash against this guy for making such false accusations. He's throwing out allegations that Obama wants to be dictator, and his basis for said allegations is entirely inaccurate.

Quote:
"...[W]hat is that flag that Obama's been standing in front of that looks like an American flag, but instead of having the field of 50 stars representing the 50 states, there's a circle?"
"Is the circle the 'O' for Obama? Is that what it is?"
"[D]id you notice Obama is not content with just having several American flags, plain old American flags with the 50 states represented by 50 stars? He has the 'O' flag.
Now, these are symptom -- these things are symptomatic of a person who would like to be a potentate -- a dictator...."
Media Matters - Radio host Bob Grant asserted that Obama created an " 'O' flag," but apparent flag in question was Ohio's

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/shanlo78/ohio-state-flag_full.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 01:49 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,233,665 times
I have never burned a flag in my life, but that's one flag I would not hesitate to burn. The more we learn about this guy the more crazy he seems, there is only one flag I will honor and that's the true American flag. I can't believe people are so blind and are willing to elect this wannabe dictator.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:49 AM

789 posts, read 1,334,038 times
Some people are dumb. It isn't exclusive to any side of the political spectrum.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I have never burned a flag in my life, but that's one flag I would not hesitate to burn. The more we learn about this guy the more crazy he seems, there is only one flag I will honor and that's the true American flag. I can't believe people are so blind and are willing to elect this wannabe dictator.
You didn't read the post did you?

That "Obama flag" is actually the state flag of Ohio.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Ummm...did you even read my post, or the article I linked, or did you listen to the video/radio broadcast that is embedded within the article? Any of the above?

Perhaps I gave my Moron of the Week Award to the wrong person...?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Ummm...did you even read my post, or the article I linked, or did you listen to the video/radio broadcast that is embedded within the article? Any of the above?

Perhaps I gave my Moron of the Week Award to the wrong person...?
His post made me lol. It's sad though. How can people be so ignorant. I mean, even if he didn't know that it's Ohio's flag he could have read your post to find out. I've lost all faith in humanity.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,194 times
Jeez, talk about people wearing tin foil hats...what next? Obama is a martian with an evil death ray?

Talk about desparate...

Old 10-18-2008, 02:02 AM

I think it would be fun to spread this around and act like the flag is actually Obama's. It would be neat to see how many people are gullible enough to fall for it.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
I think it would be fun to spread this around and act like the flag is actually Obama's. It would be neat to see how many people are gullible enough to fall for it.
Apparently, even with an entire post and a linked article describing how the flag is actually Ohio's and not Obama's, people are still gullible enough to believe their beloved right wingnut radio hosts.

Obama created 'O' flags! He wants to be Dictator! Run for your lives before he uses your state's flag, too!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:31 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
This thread was clearly a trap (based on the title).
I'm surprised you haven't caught more of them.

I didn't know that was Ohio's flag - but then I don't have hundreds (thousands even?) of listeners to my radio show. Even so, I say without a doubt I (and hundreds of posters here) do a better job fact-checking than that radio show host (or his producers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections