View Single Post

Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Tek_Freek

28,804 posts, read 48,004,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation bound View Post
Lisa - WOW everything looks so good. I was laughing while I looked at your pictures of your kitchen. It looks so much like my old kitchen, colors of granite and cabinets. the only thing different from mine is I had light colored tile and black appliances. If I can ever have time to figure out how to post a picture I will have to send you a picture of my kitchen.
There is a numbered step in this post. Ignore it until you have read the entire post as its use will be explained towards the end.

Open a second copy of City Data, either in a new tab or another copy of your browser. You should find that you are already logged in there. Go to the forum where you want to place the new thread or post and open the thread or post. Add any text you want to have in front of the pictures and leave a double space below it.

Return to the original copy of City Data (This one perhaps?) and:

At the top of the page click on My Settings at the left in the blue band.

On the Settings page click on Pictures & Albums under Networking in the column at the left.

On the Pictures & Albums page click on Add Album.

Give it a title and a description. A description is optional. Choose whether you want it public or private. Click Submit.

On the next screen click on Upload Pictures and browse to the picture(s) you want to upload. When you find the one you want click Open in the browser window. You can do three at a time, browsing for each one separately. Click on Upload Pictures at the bottom when you are done.

Be patient, they can take a while to upload.

Once the pictures are in the album open the album and click on the picture you want to place in a post. Below the picture is some code in a white box. (1) Highlight all the text in the Picture URL box. You can do this by placing the cursor at the start of the text, press the Shift key and hold it then press the End key. Once the text is highlighted right click it. In the menu that opens click on Copy.

Go to the other copy of CD that has the post where you are adding the picture. In this post click the icon above the posting box that is yellow and has a mountain in it. In the box that opens right click in the white area, which should highlight the text in the white area, then in the menu click on Paste. Click OK and the picture should be placed in the post.

To add a second (or more) picture press the right arrow key and then the Enter key. This ensures that the cursor is to the right of the picture you just inserted and then moves the cursor down so you can add another. Press Enter again if you want to add text or a space between pictures.

To add more pictures go back to the other copy of CD that has the album in it. Notice below the current picture are Previous and Next. Using these controls go the next picture you want to insert and then loop back to (1) in this post.

Hopefully I explained this well enough that you can get your pictures posted!