Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 06:06 AM

172 posts, read 119,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Outdoorsman, you seem to be the “village explainer.”

I just don't care much for the b.s. and like to dispel it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 06:09 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Outdoorsman View Post
I just explained to you how, in the real world, the Ford plant was never a viable investment in Virginia and yet you proceed with your line of thinking anyway.

Youngkin gave the Berry Hill site in Pittsylvania county it's best free advertisement ever. In fact, the site just recently -- in the last month or so -- came in second place for another deal. It lost out to South Carolina because the company already had major operations close by. That was the only reason it lost out again. Companies are coming in now more frequently to scope the Berry Hill site out, especially as sites in South Carolina and Georgia get swallowed up. It's only a matter of time now before Virginia lands a big tenant there and we all get to watch you eat your words.
You explained nothing, There is nothing in your argument that justifies the loss of long term jobs and investment by a major US Company over some 1950's style Red Scare. He is a T-Party hack and that rhetoric and mindset has done nothing for Virginia since it surface, you may idolize him but plenty of us don't.

Eat my words I doubt that, this is about viable industry for a region that has been on the decline for too many decades and Youngkin ruined the first step in long term investment.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:36 AM

172 posts, read 119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You explained nothing, There is nothing in your argument that justifies the loss of long term jobs and investment by a major US Company over some 1950's style Red Scare. He is a T-Party hack and that rhetoric and mindset has done nothing for Virginia since it surface, you may idolize him but plenty of us don't.

Eat my words I doubt that, this is about viable industry for a region that has been on the decline for too many decades and Youngkin ruined the first step in long term investment.

Youngkin recently gave a 1.5 million grant to the Berry Hill site to cut bureaucratic permitting work down to 15 days. This is a major business advantage that will attract tenants. It's not an if but when.

On top of that the Youngkin administration granted $90 million more to site development across Virginia. That's more money spent on megasite development than any previous governor of Virginia has spent, all with the expectations of landing major businesses to expand tax revenues.

The Ford plant was not ideal and I don't know why the people of Pittsylvania and Virginia should settle for it (it wasn't even going to happen here anyway, as I explained earlier). Imagine Virginia's biggest, at 3,500 acres, and most shovel-ready site being tied up for years in litigation because of CCP suppliers that no jobs can be had or revenue be gotten. Such a smart move to pass up on consideration for that.

Old 04-18-2023, 11:42 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Outdoorsman View Post
Youngkin recently gave a 1.5 million grant to the Berry Hill site to cut bureaucratic permitting work down to 15 days. This is a major business advantage that will attract tenants. It's not an if but when.

On top of that the Youngkin administration granted $90 million more to site development across Virginia. That's more money spent on megasite development than any previous governor of Virginia has spent, all with the expectations of landing major businesses to expand tax revenues.

The Ford plant was not ideal and I don't know why the people of Pittsylvania and Virginia should settle for it (it wasn't even going to happen here anyway, as I explained earlier). Imagine Virginia's biggest, at 3,500 acres, and most shovel-ready site being tied up for years in litigation because of CCP suppliers that no jobs can be had or revenue be gotten. Such a smart move to pass up on consideration for that.
Youngkin spent his entire campaign speaking about Virginia as if she was a business wasteland on par with West Virginia or worse, we were #1-3 on the best states for business list at the time.

Great permits are down to 15 days that will ensure all the safety aspects associated with manufacturing are checked and verified.....

I wonder how Chesterfield County secured the first Lego Factory outside of Denmark or Fairfax captured Amazon Headquarters #2 and Northup Grumman's headquarters all this without site development investment.

Get over the CCP garbage already it really has gotten old, the investor was Ford the partner as the link above showed is South Korea. Tennessee is the big winner with the car manufacturing plant would that be nice to get one day.

But we won't with the T-party hack. Berry Hill is 3500+ acres and you think 1 Ford Battery plant will ruin it for other companies, their site says "Ready for single or multiple industrial users".

Old 04-18-2023, 05:36 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA_guy View Post
the correct response to me would be, "I'm sorry, sir. never have I been so off base and wrong. your correctly researched data holds more weight than my emotion. I was wrong."

but instead you just say "lol" when presented with facts that completely contradicted your false claims. how progressive of you. refusal to admit error in the face of the evidence. you might want to do some data analysis. it was the southern/western region of the state that put youngkin into office despite your claim that the area does not matter. statistics are your friend, bro.

Old 04-18-2023, 05:39 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Youngkin spent his entire campaign speaking about Virginia as if she was a business wasteland on par with West Virginia or worse, we were #1-3 on the best states for business list at the time.

Great permits are down to 15 days that will ensure all the safety aspects associated with manufacturing are checked and verified.....

I wonder how Chesterfield County secured the first Lego Factory outside of Denmark or Fairfax captured Amazon Headquarters #2 and Northup Grumman's headquarters all this without site development investment.

Get over the CCP garbage already it really has gotten old, the investor was Ford the partner as the link above showed is South Korea. Tennessee is the big winner with the car manufacturing plant would that be nice to get one day.

But we won't with the T-party hack. Berry Hill is 3500+ acres and you think 1 Ford Battery plant will ruin it for other companies, their site says "Ready for single or multiple industrial users".
I got bad news for ya. the entire economy is going down, and it has absolutely nothing to do with youngkin. hope the $1200 checks were worth it.

Old 04-19-2023, 01:28 AM

2,262 posts, read 2,396,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
the correct response to me would be, "I'm sorry, sir. never have I been so off base and wrong. your correctly researched data holds more weight than my emotion. I was wrong."

but instead you just say "lol" when presented with facts that completely contradicted your false claims. how progressive of you. refusal to admit error in the face of the evidence. you might want to do some data analysis. it was the southern/western region of the state that put youngkin into office despite your claim that the area does not matter. statistics are your friend, bro.
well yeah that’s pretty clear to most of us… no one has disputed that but the county, the largest one in the state actually and one of the most democratic friendly in the state with 1.1M people also plays a pivotal role when it comes to elections, math and numbers are very important when it comes to elections and the larger a county is the bigger of a role it plays in an election.

Old 04-20-2023, 08:03 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,402,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I got bad news for ya. the entire economy is going down, and it has absolutely nothing to do with youngkin. hope the $1200 checks were worth it.
Ain't that the truth.

Old 09-06-2023, 03:10 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Ain't that the truth.
Is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia