Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:38 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,932,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm not sure whether I believe in psychics or not. I watch these shows on Tru TV about psychics who find missing people or can lead investigators to a dead body, but I was raised to believe all of this is from the devil. I have a really hard time believing that finding a missing child is "from the devil". So, I am confused about the whole matter.
It may not be from the devil, it might a gift God has given him/her, but you know the media, sometimes they like to distort things, or they think if they mentioned that it was a gift from God, they might offend somebody, or the person who thinks of themselves as a "psychic", just don't realize the gift God has given them.

I suppose it all depends on what that gift is used for. I've heard of many instances where people have paid money for a so-called psychic, just so they could find out about something, and from what I heard, the psychics walked away with a lot of money, and most of what the people were told or warned about, never really happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 07:43 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,839,013 times
Come and play Blackjack when I'm "on". I promise you will freak out (well, freek out).

Old 08-09-2009, 08:11 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,859,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm not sure whether I believe in psychics or not. I watch these shows on Tru TV about psychics who find missing people or can lead investigators to a dead body, but I was raised to believe all of this is from the devil. I have a really hard time believing that finding a missing child is "from the devil". So, I am confused about the whole matter.
think upon this a bit. for Moses, Noah and all those others to hear the word of God had to have some communication abilties or the ability to hear and understand. Psychic ability is just that in a odd nutshell. Hearing the word of God. GloryB is right on with here assisment if not pretty darn close.

Confusion is good that means you always ask questions and don't take things at face value. Good for you. I still question all my beliefs even the ones I have had all my life. As for the "from the devil" part, those people you have seen that are using thier ability for the good of a child or the community... well ask your self this do you believe Jesus would do the same?

In the end only you can find your own answers. Still I think it is grand that you ask the questions. fun part is no matter what you deside you can always change you mind. No one answer is right or wrong as long as you believe.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM

9,546 posts, read 16,602,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
i am. I know that you are a human being (probably of either the male or female variety) and reside on planet known as earth in the milky way galaxy. You own or have access to a computer with internet access and have been known to post on message boards. Also, the colour of your hair can be found by mixing a combination of the primary colours.

I am available for weddings, bar mitzvahs and parties and charge $30 per hour.
lol

Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,964,731 times
Oh I believe. I also agree with Kero in that we all have something - I just haven't been able to tap into mine. I got my first glimpse a month or so after my husband died. A complete stranger said that he had an image of my husband playing in a field with 2 dogs, wearing a red flannel shirt. This person had never met me or my husband & had no monetary motive. My husband was fond of red flannel shirts and when he died, the funeral director allowed us to put the boxes of ashes of our two dogs in the casket with hubby.

A few months later a woman who had no idea where I live or details of my life asked me what was going on between me & a squirrel. I looked at her ...and she said, "Well your husband is giving off this thought...that it was funny watching you & the squirrel, but now you're just looking foolish". I had been coming home every day to find a squirrel at the bird feeder. I would get out of my car & charge the feeder; shaking my keys at it & barking like a dog. I have had more examples, but those two should be enough for now. I have safely cemented my reputation as a certifiable CD wacko, huh?!?!!

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,118,554 times
Hey - I like squirrels - squirrels are cute!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM

43,948 posts, read 44,733,699 times
Check out Sylvia Browne www.sylvia.org and John Edward JOHN EDWARD - International Psychic Medium - The only official website worldwide . They have both had TV shows and are quite famous.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,220,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeow View Post
I am sure if there really are then you already knew I was going to post this!!! Seriously If you have the gift of any kind of sixth sense I wanna chat!
Sure there are real ones, but they don't work at 1-900-psychicchat or whatever it's called. I have no psysic abilities at all. But I have known people in the past who definitely have.

Most of them do not advertise it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-11-2009, 05:07 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,696,963 times
Hum interesting.

Nothing wrong with debating........silly or whatever.
I happen to believe there is something to this. Not 100% but like everyone.....I get these feelings everyonce in a while.
Livewire........Friends sometimes ask me what feelings I have on something particular. Made a few predictions where they have come true and some are amazed. I dont' know where it comes from and I am not 100% right on.

I dont' consider me psychic either but we all the the ability in some way.
GloryB had a very good point.
Thing is to keep an open mind and respect each others opinion.

Twinkle toes........I like squirrels too

Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,661,072 times
Quote:
Is there any real psychics?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal