Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 12:22 PM

3,208 posts, read 1,671,394 times

Advertisements

So far, no commercial airline are showing up on Google earth which proves Tyson's theory is wrong. Why isn't air balloons and other aerial objects captured?

Google Earth cameras are made to shoot terrain not flying objects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 12:35 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,580 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Extraterrestrial space craft. Bigfoot. Ghosts. They apparently don't exist. At the very least, there is not a scintilla of evidence that they do.

It is 2023 and everybody has a cell phone. This is why we get 100 videos daily of crimes like mass shootings, murders, smash and grabs, car jackings, assaults, people being pushed onto subway tracks, on and on. Everything that is happening is being documented and diseminated today. The complete and total absence of any hard evidence today, is telling.

At the same time, UFOs are real. That is, things happen for which an explanation has not been found. I am open to the possibility there is an explanantion and we can eventually find it, but so far... no dice. No cigar.

It had better come quickly because I have become extremely cynical of anything that is photographed or videod today. Fakes look so perfect, that I am no longer willing to take a crystal clear video of photo as proof of an event. No more. Too many shysters are out their making fakes and the quality is rapidly getting better.

Any claim of an extraterrestrial space craft had not only better have crystal clear video, but must have hundreds of eye witnesses, among them some who I feel are absolutely 100% trustworthy. Government allies like media anchors and politicized generals are not going to sway me in the least.
Yes, UPFs/UFOs are real because there have been so many recorded sightings that cannot be identified. You are right, there is no real evidence that they are extra-terrestrial, though, but nor can it be proven that they are not. I still think it's some government activity.

Bigfoot has been reported millions of times over many years going back to prehistoric times, but in that time no one has caught or killed one, or gotten close enough to get a verifiable photo. For me that means there is little chance they exist, but still, they might, and just be good at hiding out.

For me ghosts are another matter, only because I have had 3 personal experiences that I cannot explain any other way. Again they may be explainable but since I haven't come up with any, I leave that as a possibility. Some old building owners could be playing games to attract ghost hunters, but it seems like that would keep others away. I had no idea about 2 of the places being "haunted" until I researched after, and found there to be many other similar reports.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:52 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Perhaps they are sending us symbolic messages?

Last week I doodled a few symbols I thought were cool. Late that day while on Google Earth I saw a very close representation of the same image I doodled without having ever seen it before. Is there a term for that?

The image (sort of star squiggles) is cut into an apparent corn field south of an orchard immediately northwest of where the St Croix River enters the Mississippi River at a farm property along the St Croix scenic byway.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:31 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
So far, no commercial airline are showing up on Google earth which proves Tyson's theory is wrong. Why isn't air balloons and other aerial objects captured?

Google Earth cameras are made to shoot terrain not flying objects.
You mean like this one and dozens of others?

Old 07-07-2023, 08:21 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am a skeptic with an open mind that there might be things that might be true that I am dubious of.

Anyways I was watching a Neil deGrasse Tyson interview and he made the point that Google Earth / Maps has never picked up an UFO in its photos. Its possible to see airplanes flying in the photographs. Here is an example:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/phot...-users-3275269

Anyone care to opine?

From the article:

A similar incident took place in 2016 when users claimed a plane was lying at the bottom of Lake Harriet in the US state of Minnesota. But Google later announced it was a "ghost" image - a compilation of several satellite images appearing on the website."

There you have it. Ghost images. Not real.

Old 07-08-2023, 09:57 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
https://www.indy100.com/news/harry-m...fo-home-google

Theres a few results on google search that says otherwise. Here is a fishy example.ive seen others.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:06 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:

Anyways I was watching a Neil deGrasse Tyson interview and he made the point that Google Earth / Maps has never picked up an UFO in its photos. Its possible to see airplanes flying in the photographs. Here is an example:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/phot...-users-3275269
Interesting question. The metallic orb type as referred to by NASA are generally quite small, have been seen in various locations moving at different speeds but they should have been captured somewhere by satellite imagery - perhaps there's some sort of cloaking technology, but then we have photos of them from other observers.

Secret military aircraft also exist - the size of the black budget for such programs is undeniable, but Google Earth doesn't expose them either, I wonder if there's some sort of government oversight on global satellite imagery?

Old 07-13-2023, 08:23 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
They used to but now everything is filtered out like everything else on the internet.

Old 07-18-2023, 08:51 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
You have a good point. With AI anyone can or will able to soon fake almost anything and you will not be able to tell its not real. So photo or video evidence won't mean anything.

Physical evidence is what will be required. Something not natural but created by something and not of this earth.

If ET's are that far ahead of us and that intelligent. They have found out that earth is the Alabama of the Universe.

Old 07-20-2023, 04:00 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
If ET's are that far ahead of us and that intelligent. They have found out that earth is the Alabama of the Universe.
At least we are not the Florida of the Universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal