Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 01:13 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
This is my guess also. With all the different ring tones on phones nowadays it is probably an alarm/reminder of some kind.
I agree. I can hear the downstairs neighbors phone ringing. Walls are often thin, and when quiet sound can travel easy. I lived in one apt years ago where the bedroom wall was shared with the neighbors bedroom. I heard EVERYTHING. Sneezing, snoring, sex, he even ripped a giant fart once and I heard that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 07:21 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,157,537 times
This happened to me too.

The scientific answer is, your brain is replaying a memory of sound, exactly as if you were playing a compressed file of music on a computer or IPod.

OR you are picking up on energy residue in a location.

A friend of mine who is clarivoyant senses these vibrations, but she picks up human voices. She toured the site of wartime atrocities and got physically ill to the point of having to exit the site in tears and feeling nausea..... Later she was informed prisoners of war were tortured and murdered in the building she entered.

When I go to memorial parks I end up going to particular graves- I describe this skill as being a "human dowsing rod." I notice things and gravitate towards them.

We all have these skills, but not everyone wants to "tune in" to them.

Old 03-17-2023, 11:40 AM

12,783 posts, read 15,001,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree. I can hear the downstairs neighbors phone ringing. Walls are often thin, and when quiet sound can travel easy. I lived in one apt years ago where the bedroom wall was shared with the neighbors bedroom. I heard EVERYTHING. Sneezing, snoring, sex, he even ripped a giant fart once and I heard that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
This happened to me too.

The scientific answer is, your brain is replaying a memory of sound, exactly as if you were playing a compressed file of music on a computer or IPod.

OR you are picking up on energy residue in a location.

A friend of mine who is clarivoyant senses these vibrations, but she picks up human voices. She toured the site of wartime atrocities and got physically ill to the point of having to exit the site in tears and feeling nausea..... Later she was informed prisoners of war were tortured and murdered in the building she entered.

When I go to memorial parks I end up going to particular graves- I describe this skill as being a "human dowsing rod." I notice things and gravitate towards them.

We all have these skills, but not everyone wants to "tune in" to them.

Yes, these explanations are logical. However, I've lived here 10.5 yrs & never heard anyone else's cell phones or other devices around here in all the yrs I've lived here, so the walls must not be that thin. I mean you'd think in all the time I've been here that I would have heard others' devices up to wazoo by now, but no.

Also, I"ve not what they call any kind of sensitive person, clarivoyant, or any of those types & I just never heard that tune before in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal