Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 08:45 PM

26,848 posts, read 22,679,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Since some of the Amazon balloons can go to 40,000 feet or even more you'd think they'd be illegal because of interference with commercial airspace. Or was that just a believable reason for taking the last 3 "objects" out?

See, something is going on in commercial airspace already for quite some time.

That's why I would be very interested to hear what exactly the PILOTS out of all people saw when it comes to those latest three "objects," and why THEY thought that those objects needed to be shot down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 04:40 PM

I am reading today;

"Some early reports suggested that the unidentified aerial objects might have been weather balloons or other high-altitude balloons used for scientific research, but no organization, company or individual has been linked to them so far. The National Weather Service on Tuesday confirmed to NBC News that none of the objects shot down in recent days belonged to the agency..

Tucker’s company has spent more than two decades carrying out high-altitude balloon missions for NASA, the European Space Agency and commercial partners. He said there’s “almost zero chance” of such a balloon getting lost or drifting so far off course as to cause a national security incident.

“Do these just show up on radar? No, they don’t,” he said. “They’re completely tracked the entire time, and very accurately. You know where they are and who’s doing it. The element of surprise of one just showing up — that just doesn’t happen.

But he added that it's unlikely the three unidentified objects were wayward weather balloons.
“That should be a crazy concept,” he said. “Anything that’s above the size of a very small balloon should be coordinated with the FAA, which means they would know at any given moment where the thing is, where it’s coming from and who it belongs to.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...tery-rcna70403

So that's that.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:07 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,268,377 times
I believe all balloons shot down after the Chinese spy balloon have been adequately identified by the hobby groups that launched and tracked them. No need to speculate about alien spacecraft as an explanation. Here are reports about two of them and there are reports about the third for those who are willing to look.

https://aviationweek.com/defense-spa...shot-down-usafhttps://aviationweek.com/defense-spa...shot-down-usaf

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/the-us-airfo...n-over-canada/

Old 02-17-2023, 02:36 PM

17,384 posts, read 11,364,681 times
Yes indeed, aliens better be careful with the U.S. military. The $12 hobbyist balloon over Alaska was shot down with a $400,000 sidewinder missile, LOL.

Old 02-17-2023, 03:19 PM

8,527 posts, read 6,955,332 times
Some of the objects shot down after the first China balloon may have been amateur drones. You can buy them on places like Amazon ranging from about 50 to 300 dollars. The Sidewinder missiles used to down them cost the taxpayers 400,000 dollars apiece.

Old 02-17-2023, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Some of the objects shot down after the first China balloon may have been amateur drones. You can buy them on places like Amazon ranging from about 50 to 300 dollars. The Sidewinder missiles used to down them cost the taxpayers 400,000 dollars apiece.

How about the pilots themselves?

Can they not see what they are shooting at with those missiles?
Can they be THAT incompetent?
Can US military be THAT incompetent?
I refuse to believe it.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:16 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,385,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

I refuse to believe it.
I'm no fighter pilot, but I read it's not like driving a car, where you can slow down, almost to a stop and see what's on the side of the road, these fighter jets prefer to go fast, very fast.

When you have a relatively "small" balloon and blow by it at 500-600+ mph, it isn't the easiest thing to ID and point out exactly what it may be.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:30 PM

17,384 posts, read 11,364,681 times
Quote:

I refuse to believe it.
Well it's true. They interviewed the hobbyists which were responsible for one of the balloons, and yes it was an air filled balloon not much bigger than a dining room chair. The balloon had gone around the world twice already when it was shot down. The group lost radio contact with the balloon at the same time the military shot at the UFO over Alaska.

It's not incompetence. When you're travelling at that speed in a military jet, there's little chance you're going to identify an almost clear fairly small rubber balloon floating along. I believe there's little choice other than to rely on your radar to tell you it's there.

Old 02-17-2023, 08:40 PM

30,277 posts, read 11,920,448 times
Quote:

I refuse to believe it.
They are either incompetent or lying. Neither is good in my book.

They have given up looking for the two balloons in Alaska and Lake Huron I just read. I don't think they want to find them.

Old 02-17-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They are either incompetent or lying. Neither is good in my book.

They have given up looking for the two balloons in Alaska and Lake Huron I just read. I don't think they want to find them.

There might be one more possibility, that their provided description is either dismissed or hushed down.

"Description of objects:

Prior to the takedown of the object near Lake Huron, a US official said Sunday there had been caution inside the Biden administration on the pilot descriptions of the unidentified objects shot down over Alaska and Canada due to the circumstances in which the objects were viewed.
“These objects did not closely resemble and were much smaller than the PRC balloon and we will not definitively characterize them"

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/12/polit...est/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal