Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 07:40 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

I am surprised there is not more chatter in this forum. I have been watching the reports of the past couple days. Its very surreal. Four objects shot down so far. And three don't appear to be balloons. They appear to be doing things that are not possible as we know it.

I think its one of two things.

1. China is mad that we shot down their balloon and they are just trying to create chaos. There is some sort of unmanned craft that they have. Perhaps it has some sort of balloon covered with a cylindrical or octagon shaped object. Timing wise it makes sense.

2. There is some sort of alien thing going on. They are testing our ability to track objects over us and checking how our response is. For what purpose? Maybe there are craft watching us from space not far from earth and they are planning on visiting soon.

The truth? I not sure we will get the whole story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 07:59 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,629,758 times
I would like to see pictures of that last one. I heard that one wasn't a balloon.

I guess it was about 5 years ago when we had this bad drought and the news was showing how low the river was.
There had been a couple of paddle-wheelers that sunk in the 1800s and you could see some of the remains sticking out of the mud.

I finally got around to getting batteries for my metal detector and headed down there just as the sun was coming up, I prefer to be by myself when I'm scrounging around metal detecting so people won't bother me.

There weren't any cars in that little area where people can park so I assumed no one was there. There is a path about 100 yards to the river with woods on both sides. I was surprised to hear voices when I got near the river. I cut through the woods where there was a little clearing and saw 2 men and a dog, looked like a pit bull, and they had some object that they were tinkering with.

One guy had a small laptop while the other guy was taking pictures of the object. It was gray and about the size and shape of a pillow. Suddenly in a blink of an eye that thing shut straight up about 200 feet and hovered for a few seconds, then went about half-way across the river and back again and landed by their feet.

I couldn't believe the speed it had, and it made no sound. I wanted to ask them about it but that dog wasn't on a leash. He was preoccupied with that flying thing they had so I stayed downwind and behind a tree. These guys were dressed kind of "tidy" for being in that area. I also wondered how they got there, unless they were dropped off, because the only place to park a car is the empty area where I parked.

They kind of made me feel nervous so I decided to use my metal detector at this other spot I knew about. But I always wondered why I haven't seen anything like that drone since. All the ones I see on the news that they use, the police and military use are primitive compared to that one. It had no propellers or antennae on it, just a smooth pillow-like shape.

I wonder if they ever got a patent ? It looked like it worked fine to me.

Last edited by aliasfinn; 02-12-2023 at 08:31 PM..

Old 02-12-2023, 08:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Helium blimps? Yeah, we need pics.

Old 02-12-2023, 10:08 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpu5a0Bl8eY

Old 02-13-2023, 02:25 AM

1,136 posts, read 612,624 times
Evidently there has been 4 shot down recently.

Pretty dramatic. Esp one over the Great Lakes.

What reasoning do you have to shoot down a unidentified flying / floating object if it's not over some sensitive border / area?

It's also strange that our local news is very vague about it. A "blip" of a report. Kinda doesn't pass the smell test.

Call Mulder. It's a damn coverup :P

Old 02-13-2023, 02:50 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times

Old 02-13-2023, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Evidently there has been 4 shot down recently.

Pretty dramatic. Esp one over the Great Lakes.

What reasoning do you have to shoot down a unidentified flying / floating object if it's not over some sensitive border / area?

It's also strange that our local news is very vague about it. A "blip" of a report. Kinda doesn't pass the smell test.

Call Mulder. It's a damn coverup :P

There is something more going on. Either its related to China and the US is not sure how to respond to building geo-political tensions or they don't know what these things are and where they came from and they are not sure what to tell the masses.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:26 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post

Hazard to aviation. Possible security risk. Political fallout if you don't shoot it down. To find out what it is. The list goes on, with no reason NOT to shoot it down if you don't know what it is.

I'd rather they collected it whole but apparently we lack that ability.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:32 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
The one thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread...the possibility that they are US government "objects". Sent out to be purposely shot down to ameliorate the Chinese balloon.

It certainly is strange that we are hearing about so many so soon after that balloon.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Hazard to aviation. Possible security risk. Political fallout if you don't shoot it down. To find out what it is. The list goes on, with no reason NOT to shoot it down if you don't know what it is.

I'd rather they collected it whole but apparently we lack that ability.

I have read we have that ability but don't have the funding to deploy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal