Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 07:58 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times

Advertisements

As to what they are, maybe we'll find out in time, but who knows - probably depends on what they are.
I suspect they've been there all along and didn't just turn up in the past week, but rather they weren't really looking for them before and now they're paying more attention to objects of that size and at that altitude, etc. I doubt they are all Chinese in origin, but I don't think this is some government conspiracy, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 08:27 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,376,511 times
could just be home made civilian drones. There are lots of clever people doing dumb stuff.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:53 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
could just be home made civilian drones. There are lots of clever people doing dumb stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are balloons released by civilians, especially the ones that are around the size of a car. I've watched videos on YouTube of folks who attach a gopro to a balloon and send it up to 100K feet just to get some nice pics. Highly doubt those flights are cleared by the FAA and nobody is going to own up to losing one hence why nobody is going to voluntarily say "oops, that was my gopro balloon i lost. Please don't charge me for that $400K missile you used" .

Doesn't explain everything per se. I'm curious to see if there are photos of the objects in flight and what the wreckage looks like. What's curious is that these objects are still referred to as "objects" and not balloons.

As for why they are being detected now, i thought I read the US changed the way they track these balloons now after the spy balloon fiasco. Now they are looking at EVERY blip that shows up and taking no chances.

Its very possible these sort of things happened for years and nobody cared. Or maybe they did? WHo knows.

Either way, i'm curious to see where this goes.

Old 02-13-2023, 10:23 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Another theory since we have different shapes at play now and all out of the same area. Possibly from one of the organized domestic terror groups who have set up shop in the Upper Plains/Northern Rockies. These could be test runs at delivering biomedical attacks on more populated areas to the east. The octagonal object shot down yesterday had what appeared to be tie-down ropes attached. Not exactly foreign high-tech or alien technologies at work here seemingly. Lastly, another possibility of use for drug and/or arms smuggling if perfected.

Old 02-13-2023, 11:27 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...fe24225c241009

Quote:
But some data scientists say this isn’t a sudden invasion, it’s just an adjustment of how we work to detect these objects. Rebekah Jones, a geographer and data scientist (and no stranger to government conspiracy theories), explains in this Twitter thread that it’s a matter of radar technicians and other national security watchdogs lowering the threshold when it comes to the size of the objects they monitor.

They have been trained on aircraft-sized objects, and filter out smaller ones so that every flock of birds doesn’t alert their sensors , but after shooting down a spy balloon from China on February fourth, they’ve decided to look for smaller objects.

“These weren’t necessarily launched or sent recently, we just never looked for them,†she explains. “Now we are. And we’re finding there are quite a few of them there.â€

There’s no telling what these things are in the sky, but there are more of them than we’ve ever suspected.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...84a1732252866a

Quote:
Far from having to be a nation state or official organization, he said that practically anyone can send a balloon into the air. "There are folks launching weather balloons, Wi-Fi balloons, you name it," Himes said, adding: "Now we're just particularly sensitized to it."

In the wake of the Chinese balloon event earlier this month, the US government is on high alert, Himes said. "Our military radars and that sort of thing [are] doing something that they're not used to doing, which is looking for balloons. So I think because we're really looking hard, we're seeing a lot of this garbage," Himes said.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 02-13-2023 at 11:56 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 12:09 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...fe24225c241009

But some data scientists say this isn’t a sudden invasion, it’s just an adjustment of how we work to detect these objects. Rebekah Jones, a geographer and data scientist (and no stranger to government conspiracy theories), explains in this Twitter thread that it’s a matter of radar technicians and other national security watchdogs lowering the threshold when it comes to the size of the objects they monitor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...84a1732252866a

So objects like these are in the air space of airlines and we were not aware of them until now?

Old 02-13-2023, 01:39 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So objects like these are in the air space of airlines and we were not aware of them until now?
We weren't paying attention to them, yes.

Old 02-13-2023, 02:30 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am surprised there is not more chatter in this forum. I have been watching the reports of the past couple days. Its very surreal. Four objects shot down so far. And three don't appear to be balloons. They appear to be doing things that are not possible as we know it.

I think its one of two things.

1. China is mad that we shot down their balloon and they are just trying to create chaos. There is some sort of unmanned craft that they have. Perhaps it has some sort of balloon covered with a cylindrical or octagon shaped object. Timing wise it makes sense.

2. There is some sort of alien thing going on. They are testing our ability to track objects over us and checking how our response is. For what purpose? Maybe there are craft watching us from space not far from earth and they are planning on visiting soon.

The truth? I not sure we will get the whole story.

No. 1 is quite likely.

No. 2 is out of the realm of possibility.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:59 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
Its possible that the U.S. government was aware that some extraterrestrial craft were coming so in cooperation with China the U.S. sent out a balloon last week so that the public would think the more recent crafts are some sort of balloons. They used the same strategy with the Phoenix Lights in 1997. After that mass sighting they deployed flares so that people would believe thats what the lights were. Isn't it funny how the government allowed the "Chinese Balloon" to travel across the country and kept the public informed about it. The recent objects are being shot down immediately and the government is being hush hush about them. If they were some kind of Chinese drones, the government would have told us by now and they could have done so without revealing possible classified information.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:19 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Here is another article about this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ified-objects/

So the way I interpret this is that they don't know what they are, but they are shooting them down anyway?

What am I missing here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal