Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 06:58 PM

524 posts, read 152,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
She did it as a fun thing out of curiosity just to see what would happen. She probably watched one too many paranormal shows. She's not seriously into trying to find people that have died nor is she any kind of ghost hunter. She never expected to hear a voice, especially calling her name. It freaked her out and never did that again.
Could the company that sold the device to her, knowing her name from her card, have put that voice there? There are some reasons they might do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 05:02 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOnMadisonStreet View Post
Could the company that sold the device to her, knowing her name from her card, have put that voice there? There are some reasons they might do that.
You're over thinking this. She didn't go out and buy any type of special EVP device. She's not any kind of ghost hunter. She just used her cell phone.

Old 01-12-2023, 05:23 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
She did it as a fun thing out of curiosity just to see what would happen. She probably watched one too many paranormal shows. She's not seriously into trying to find people that have died nor is she any kind of ghost hunter. She never expected to hear a voice, especially calling her name. It freaked her out and never did that again.
That would freak me out!

I've seen some videos on those spirit boxes, I'm definitely not trying to invite anymore weird stuff like that into my house.. I've ghost hunted a bit in the past, that wasn't a joke about getting high in a cemetery @ midnight.

~

I was first introduced to Ouija boards in the 80's when I was a kid. This was like, marketed to children as a 'fun game" and something we did @ sleepovers/birthday parties. ( what? ) ( why? ) I had later acquired a wooden Ouija board in my 20s from a friend, but I think it was cursed... I used this antique magnifying glass as the indicator. I don't know, alot of messed up stuff happened while I lived in that apartment... I mean like, bad energies manifesting as non-stop problems...... I don't know if it actually was 'cursed', but having a Ouija board lurking in a closet sounds like a plotline right out of a horror film. lol... It just ain't right. That same closet flooded with water after a plumbing incident on the other side of the wall in the laundry room and a bunch of my shoes/clothing got ruined. Thanks!

I used to really feel like things were creeping around me at times... Not anymore though, haha.

Old 01-12-2023, 06:59 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,148,402 times
The Caverns/Caves of Northern California are pretty eerie. However if you get sickened, lost or stuck in one, the state will bill you for rescuing you from dying in the cavern or cave. Keep that in mind.

So have a plan, pay a guide, and be mindful if you go check those places out.

Old 01-12-2023, 09:59 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
Quote:
I know someone who did just this because she thought it would be fun. She regretted it after clearly hearing a male voice call her name several times in the EVP.
Eeek! Was this in her home? I can tell you I didn't get much sleep the first night I spent in my 150-year-old house. You KNOW it's seen some...stuff.

OP, you might check out Waverly Hills Sanatorium outside Louisville KY. It's supposed to be the most haunted place in America (or so their ads say).

Old 01-12-2023, 11:45 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,506 times
I own a walking tour company in the South. A few times a year, we hold celebrity psychic walks. I also throw in special features for private tours such as spirit box, tarot reader, EVP or EMF device use, etc.

I haven't used the spirit box since the last time (about 8 months ago) was a little too exciting. Nothing else we've ever done has affected me like this. We were behind an old 1822 home, long said to be haunted. It was dark. People would ask questions, one by one. I had ear buds in, connected to the box. Over that I wore headphones. I couldn't hear anything but what was coming through the box. I had my back to everyone, and just repeated what I was hearing. Well, when I saw the video afterward, I was stunned. It was like an intelligent conversation. Crazy. I stopped it after a few minutes when the voice grew angry.

I came away feeling I may have gotten into something over my head. Just now starting to feel I may try it again. It was weird.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:17 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,984,397 times
Thats easy. The Sallie House

Old 01-13-2023, 01:22 PM

858 posts, read 680,594 times
If you are looking for high strangeness, I would go to Los Angeles!

Old 01-13-2023, 08:40 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,971,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
If you are looking for high strangeness, I would go to Los Angeles!
Actually, not far to the north of Los Angeles sits the Colorado street bridge (nicknamed suicide bridge)
Many have experienced paranormal events there over the years, and I too had a paranormal incident while traveling over that bridge about a year ago.

Old 01-14-2023, 08:26 PM

70 posts, read 46,550 times
Wish I could offer some specific advice - I really admire that you have a lack of experience (which tends to naturally make a person a doubter) yet you seek. Good on you for your open heart and mind.

I'm the opposite - I'm a scientist by training, yet still have had inexplicable and uninvited experiences since childhood. I have no control over this and have not worked to develop deeper "skills." My experiences fall under I guess what would called psychic abilities, (I hate even typing that) especially as relates to the dead/dying, and dreams, but not exclusively. For my experiences, there's been no location required to experience such things.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal