Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:30 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,125,392 times

Advertisements

From the City-Data.com Terms of Service:

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

I know we can have a civil conversation about astrology. This has been a good thread; let's keep it that way. Thank you.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:34 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,029,016 times
Catrinac

I actually had a relocation reading from Julian Lee, but I asked for and obtained a refund ( he seems to be man of great integrity ), becaue he recommended a location on my Jupiter/Midheaven line which seems really great if that's all your looking at. I had a really uneasy feeling about his recommendation so I did some further research. I noticed that Jupiter in my chart sits very closely to its worst degree of debitilation. Apparently he doesn't even take debilitation into consideration. Why would I want to live under a line of a debilitated planet?

I then considered having a reading from Nancy Channing, but I never followed thru with it becasue she wouldn't give me satisfactory answers to my questions about her technique. She was way too secretive and protective for my liking and I simply didn't resonate with her. SO, I studied more extensively and developed my own relocation techniques, which for me and a handful of friends has proven to be far superior to any other methodologies that I am aware of. IMO, unquestioned acceptance of the advice of so-called experts and blind allegiance to standard methods is the practice of fools!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 03-08-2008 at 01:57 PM..

Old 03-08-2008, 05:30 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,295,163 times
Do tell if you are so inclined. I am always interested in learning new things. Interesting that you had readings with two of the big relocation experts. Julian has his own system which is based on the relocated natal chart, the progressed relocated natal, and two or three different Geodetic charts which he uses mostly for houses. His whole theory is to get a better relocated 4th with the emphasis on the 4th ruler and actually having a planet in the 4th. He says that locations reveal themselves quickly (if you travel to a place for example) and that most places have consistent themes based on good and bad factors in the chart. For example, I have Pluto in the 10th in Texas along with Saturn in the 4th house in one of the Geodetic charts. I had problems with both parents growing up and still do to this day. When Julian told me I had the Saturn 4th house and I later bought his little booklet explainging more about it I was really floored because everything he has to say about it is true. So I give Julian a LOT of credit because he really is a real true pioneer so far as his take on planets in the angular and especially the 4th house goes. I had a reading with him and didn't agree with the area he wanted me to go to; I'd been there already with mixed success and am pretty sure if I talked to him again he'd recommend a foreign country over America. Not ready for that conversation so I haven't consulted him again.

Nancy I'm convinced is really truly brilliant and it is so upsetting to me that she has disappeared. Her system is based on the relocated Vedic chart along with the relocated navamsha. I started looking at the relocated navamsha about a year ago and while I wouldn't say it is an end all be all it does give extra clues to what is going on in a place that can't be explained any other way. I too thought her style of reading was a bit cryptic but she did give the navamsha part away and that is how I figured it out--- "it's not as good a navamsha" is what she mentioned. I went back and checked on the relocated vedic charts for Florida, the place she recommended and sure enough it was all there-- better 4th houses, better midheavens, better houses of money etc. I can understand her reasoning and have thought about it for years but have not gone there yet. I've stayed in the area she was so against, and everything she said about the Western U.S. and SW areas for me has been true.

One trick Julian teaches that I'm not sure if you know about is the "check the vibe" of the location theory. Whatever place is good for you will have good vibes. The people from that area will be nice. You will hear good things about the area. He says areas reveal themselves quickly. Meaning, if I go to Florida I should get clues about how life would be if I actually lived there on the trip. He says to look for signs. I was unhappy on day one when I got to Salt Lake and have been moderately to seriously unhappy the whole time I've lived here. Things have never improved, regardless of what effort I've put in to it. The signs were all there from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Catrinac

I actually had a relocation reading from Julian Lee, but I asked for and obtained a refund ( he seems to be man of great integrity ), becaue he recommended a location on my Jupiter/Midheaven line which seems really great if that's all your looking at. I had a really uneasy feeling about his recommendation so I did some further research. I noticed that Jupiter in my chart sits very closely to its worst degree of debitilation. Apparently he doesn't even take debilitation into consideration. Why would I want to live under a line of a debilitated planet?

I then considered having a reading from Nancy Channing, but I never followed thru with it becasue she wouldn't give me satisfactory answers to my questions about her technique. She was way too secretive and protective for my liking and I simply didn't resonate with her. SO, I studied more extensively and developed my own relocation techniques, which for me and a handful of friends has proven to be far superior to any other methodologies that I am aware of. IMO, unquestioned acceptance of the advice of so-called experts and blind allegiance to standard methods is the practice of fools!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,050,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Prince Of Lombards wrote:
May we see the scietific evidence to support your assertions?
May we see the scientific evidence to prove the assertions of science?

Some of us prefer to trust our personal experience more than science, while others are so hung up on science that they unwilling to experience anything that has not been validated by science. It's your life and you are welcome to limit your experience in any way that makes sense to you.
Dear sir,

We employ science in order to find truth. For example, we no longer apply leaches to a sick person, because it was found that there is no causality between doing so and healing a person. Similarly, there is nothing scietific about astology as has been demonstated by James Randi and various others.

Astrology is used by many people to take money from others who believe that their money is being spent on knowing what their future holds or are seeking advice, and it's really too bad that the federal government doesn't crack down on this fraudulent practice just as they'd do if a licensed doctor was applying leaches to their patients. We have laws in this country to protect people from being taken advantage of, and I think they need to be applied to astrology just as they are applied to other unsupported mysticisms that prey on the naivity of others.

Thank you for your time.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:06 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,565,009 times
From a purely anecdotal standpoint I have noticed that when Mercury is in Retrograde things do seem to get more out of whack. Also, when it is a full moon there do seem to be changes in behaviors.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:25 AM

Prince OF Lombards wrote:
Astrology is used by many people to take money from others who believe that their money is being spent on knowing what their future holds or are seeking advice, and it's really too bad that the federal government doesn't crack down on this fraudulent practice just as they'd do if a licensed doctor was applying leaches to their patients. We have laws in this country to protect people from being taken advantage of, and I think they need to be applied to astrology just as they are applied to other unsupported mysticisms that prey on the naivity of others.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. Since you shared nothing of your personal experience with astrology, I will go out on a limb here and guess that you are merely expressing the cultural bias that you grew up with. Now that you have enlightened me with your deep and expansive astrological wisdom, I will no longer trust the helpful insight that I have gained from my 38 years of personal experience with astrology. Thank you so much for setting me straight. You have saved me from the folly of my ways.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:24 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
I don't have any personal experience with jumping off cliffs, but I know not to do it. I also know that when you capriciously draw lines to connect stars, then declare that since you can create a vague shape by doing so, whoever is born when the sun is close to that shape takes on the attributes of the shape (a "Libra" is balanced, etc.), you aren't doing anything based on factual data, which in turn yields no useful results.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:17 AM

Prince Of Lombards wrote:
I don't have any personal experience with jumping off cliffs, but I know not to do it. I also know that when you capriciously draw lines to connect stars, then declare that since you can create a vague shape by doing so, whoever is born when the sun is close to that shape takes on the attributes of the shape (a "Libra" is balanced, etc.), you aren't doing anything based on factual data, which in turn yields no useful results.
I'm glad that you're not jumping off cliffs! Common sense saves lives. Jumping off a cliff hoewever is a vastly different experience than an astrology consultation.

No knowledgeable astrolger would assert that everyone born when the sun was passing thru Libra ( or any other sign ) would take on the same attributes, though there are some noticable similarities to the person trained to see them. Evaluating the so called sun sign comprises less than 1% of a thorough astrological assessment, and its use is of limited value ( mostly for entertainment purposes ).

From reading your comments, it seems that your opinions are based on newspaper column astrology and that type of superficial nonsense, rather than in-depth, professional astrology as practiced by a growing number of psychiatrists and psychologists who have steered astrology in a whole new direction. The influence of psychology in astrology is so strong that psychology has more or less taken over the field of astrology.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 03-11-2008 at 08:26 AM..

Old 03-12-2008, 03:50 AM

Well let's try a different approach then. As I'm sure you know, the earth is on a 23.5 degree tilt, due to precessional effect. Therefore, the ecliptic moves such that the sun, moon, and planets pass through different constellations, as cestial north shifts. Therefore, how does a shift in the ecliptic affect astrology. For example, what attributes does somebody have who is born in Cygnus, for example? Or Lepus? Or Aquila? Or Delphinus? Or Canis Major? Or any other constellation that's not currently in our ecliptic but will be in the future?

And BTW, how do you account for somebody born in Ophiuchus, the thirteenth constellation on the ecliptic?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 AM

Prince

I've not studied any of the issues you raise so I have no definite answer to give you. In my study of Vedic astrology, I learned that the hindus used a secondary horoscope that included 27 divisions ( called nakshatras or lunar houses ) in addition to the 12 traditional solar houses. Perhaps they have accounted for some of the issues you raise, but I'm just guessing. On the other hand, the principles of Vedic astrology were formulated before the discovery of the outer planets. Vedic astrology doesn't even include Uranus, Neptune, & Pluto in the methodology.

Again, let me reiterate that I do not see astrology as a perfect science, or methodology. I have however seen enough validity with astrological assessment to feel comfortable using it along with other means to assist me in making important decisions. Just becasue it is not infallible, I see no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak. I don't know of any prognostication system that has anywhere close to 100% accurracy. If perfection was the benchmark for relying upon prognosticators, the weather channel would be off the air by the time you finish reading this paragraph, and the vast array of financial nvestment newsletters would lose all of their subscribers in a New York minute. The astrologers I have dealt with have been at least as accurrate as any weather forecaster I have followed and far more accurrate than just about all of the financial gurus selling their high priced Investment newsletters. One guy ( Harry Dent ) predicited a dow of 40,000 a few years ago and he still writes and sells a vast array of financial prediction type books. I can't think of ANY astrologer who is close to being as inaccurrate as Harry Dent. And talk about taking money from gullible people!

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 03-12-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal