Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:04 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times

Advertisements

Sounds like they paid you on a "payroll account" and that probably went through a processor who set you up as an employee to make the payment. That triggered the New Hire database reporting. Glad it wasn't someone without work authorization who bought your info to use to get work at some luxury Florida resort as a groundskeeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 10:14 AM

91 posts, read 76,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Sounds like they paid you on a "payroll account" and that probably went through a processor who set you up as an employee to make the payment. That triggered the New Hire database reporting. Glad it wasn't someone without work authorization who bought your info to use to get work at some luxury Florida resort as a groundskeeper.
I had a bad feeling it was what it was, just thankful it wasn't worse like mentioned lol. Idiots though, I don't know why they taxed the check at all.. basically gave the government money for no reason considering the money was mine to begin with, and I got it back almost exactly + $2.94 or something lol. They should have just written it out exactly for the amount and put REIMBURSEMENT on it or something. Maybe they are writing money off this way, who knows... doesn't make sense but I'm not a financial adviser for a reason.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:47 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Some employers can't handle reimbursements. When I worked at my last employer, and received mileage reimbursement, they grossed it up to cover the taxes. I guess doing it correctly required receipts and one-over-one authorization. Fudging a time card for an extra .5 hours was less work. It only happened twice in the span of two pay periods over my 13 years with them for a special project. Had it been routine, I'd have never agreed to this method for a protracted period of time or frequent errand running.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:30 PM

91 posts, read 76,638 times
Just to confirm, I was able to claim Sunday no problems at all... Only 4 weeks left, hopefully going to at least get one of my old job's back downtown at the local watering hole heh.

Noticed Minimum Wage went up to $10 from the $8.89 or whatever it was forever. I'm not sure if it effects small business with less than 10 employees, I know NY state has something like that.

I remember he started me at $13 an hour, after of course negotiating him from the $10 he wanted to start me at claiming it was more than minimum wage lol.

Hopefully employers start looking for Quality and not just fill positions with unskilled workers to save a few bucks. But I guess that's another story for the State of NJ to enjoy. I just remember I liked working for that one employer, I only left because I was offered something better, more money, and then the SOB's laid me off in January after 13-14 months working 50+ hours a week for them.

I'd rather just work 30-40 hours and be happy... Rather than killing myself 50-60 hours a week to make an extra $150-200. Especially if I know my job is secure, which I had... It was my fault for wanting more I guess.

Old 01-02-2024, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 237 times
Default Have not started work yet

My weekly benefits were stopped prematurely because job I applied to hired me with start date of Jan 8 2024 but when I went to certify for my weekly benefits this past Sunday Dec 31 2023 it says I went back to work and I haven’t even did orientation yet ! Haven’t went to work at all yet and they stopped my weekly claim. What do I do because I need these benefits I just spent all my money for Christmas and was looking forward to my benefits today and nope . I don’t understand this because yes I’m hired but I have not started yet
Please help has this happened to anyone else ?

Old 01-02-2024, 06:07 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalonmarrett View Post
My weekly benefits were stopped prematurely because job I applied to hired me with start date of Jan 8 2024 but when I went to certify for my weekly benefits this past Sunday Dec 31 2023 it says I went back to work and I haven’t even did orientation yet ! Haven’t went to work at all yet and they stopped my weekly claim. What do I do because I need these benefits I just spent all my money for Christmas and was looking forward to my benefits today and nope . I don’t understand this because yes I’m hired but I have not started yet
Please help has this happened to anyone else ?
Two reasons this occurred:
1. Your soon-to-be employer prematurely entered your information and it was picked up by the New Hire Registry that said you're employed. You will need to contact someone at unemployment and tell them that did not work that period. They will investigate and if it's determined it was a jump-the-gun entry, they will pay you whatever you're owed. This does take time.
2. Someone stole your identity and used it to get a job someplace and that job is showing on the New Hire Registry.

Regardless, you will need to make contact with unemployment to dispute the error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment