Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 05:49 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,851 times

Advertisements

This video doesn't show how all of this unfolded,but I don't think she was attacked for being White,but rather she kept mouthing up to the Locals continuously.

I used to live in Guam,and I learned to "Respect the Locals"....The Locals don't like any outsiders coming in and mouthing up to them.

I felt bad for the The blonde lady,but she should've left the beach area and ignored them and get in her vehicle and leave,especially since she was alone.

When I lived in Guam I hardly noticed any racism,but racism and crime does happen there just like everywhere else,but Guam in my opinion is not a dangerous place,and I never seen any racism like this while at the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Looks like Guam has some anti-White sentiment similar to Hawaii, sad to see

Racially motivated attack caught on video

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2023, 06:30 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,132 times
They're both expensive as heck. I've been to Guam and Oahu

If we're comparing Oahu vs Guam I would choose Guam

If we're comparing Guam to like the big island i would probably choose the big island. I'm not a fan of Oahu but i like Guam. I would probably like the big island more than guam

Old 03-05-2023, 09:09 PM

It's good your specifying which island in Hawaii to compare,because when people say Hawaii it can be either the Big Island,Maui,Oahu,Kauai,Lanai,Molokai,(6 Main Islands),while Guam is just a single island.

The "Main Advantages" Guam has is it's closer to Asia and Australia for those that either like visiting those places or might have family/friends there,and also Guam's cost of living will always remain lower than any of the Hawaiian Islands. The ocean water in Guam is also warmer to swim in,while Hawaiian Waters can be rather cool by tropical standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
They're both expensive as heck. I've been to Guam and Oahu

If we're comparing Oahu vs Guam I would choose Guam

If we're comparing Guam to like the big island i would probably choose the big island. I'm not a fan of Oahu but i like Guam. I would probably like the big island more than guam

Old 03-05-2023, 11:33 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
It's good your specifying which island in Hawaii to compare,because when people say Hawaii it can be either the Big Island,Maui,Oahu,Kauai,Lanai,Molokai,(6 Main Islands),while Guam is just a single island.

The "Main Advantages" Guam has is it's closer to Asia and Australia for those that either like visiting those places or might have family/friends there,and also Guam's cost of living will always remain lower than any of the Hawaiian Islands. The ocean water in Guam is also warmer to swim in,while Hawaiian Waters can be rather cool by tropical standards.
The downside to Guam is that it might tip over, according to a U.S. congressman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYHVRmKc_s

Old 04-24-2023, 09:19 PM

He's a strange man,the same as Margie who thought Guam was a foreign country and felt threatened by cookies being offered by The Guam Congressman and U.S Military Soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The downside to Guam is that it might tip over, according to a U.S. congressman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYHVRmKc_s

Old 04-30-2023, 08:51 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
The cost of living is still really really high in Hawaii (I'm talking about the Big Island and any other island a mainlander would consider.)

Guam is ....gross. I'll put it that way. Natives are mostly nice but the island's dense population means it's dirtier and more crowded than Hawaii.

Just my 2 cents from my sources.

Old 05-02-2023, 02:26 AM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
The cost of living is still really really high in Hawaii (I'm talking about the Big Island and any other island a mainlander would consider.)

Guam is ....gross. I'll put it that way. Natives are mostly nice but the island's dense population means it's dirtier and more crowded than Hawaii.

Just my 2 cents from my sources.
I've never found Guam to be dirty. If anything, I've seen more "dirty" parts of Hawaii, which shocks a lot of people who come here expecting everything to look like the Waikiki Beachfront. Plenty of rundown setups here.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:42 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,400,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I've never found Guam to be dirty. If anything, I've seen more "dirty" parts of Hawaii, which shocks a lot of people who come here expecting everything to look like the Waikiki Beachfront. Plenty of rundown setups here.
The beach in Waikiki is a joke. Clearwater Beach in Fla is wider and much cleaner and costs half a much to live there.
Guam has bigger problem - all those brown snakes - even a troop of mongooses couldn't handle them

Old 05-07-2023, 08:34 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDawg View Post
The beach in Waikiki is a joke. Clearwater Beach in Fla is wider and much cleaner and costs half a much to live there.
Guam has bigger problem - all those brown snakes - even a troop of mongooses couldn't handle them
Hell I'm going to double down on my hot take on Guam.

It's just too crowded- even the proper tourist district is unpleasantly full of people. & The pollution is so bad along the coastline you can smell the garbage in the water in some places (this is reliable info.)

& Naturally Hawaii downplays their slummier neighborhoods. They wouldn't dare chase away tourism.

Old 05-07-2023, 12:25 PM

Tumon Bay,Guam is not as crowded as Hawaii's Beaches....The Hawaiian Islands received over 9 Million Visitors in 2022,while Guam I think received less than 500,000.

I don't remember Tumon Bay being polluted,but at times green algae forms from the sun,but is usually cleaned up and of course you see litter here and there at times,but nothing that bad compared to other parts of the World.

Your either someone that just wants to put Guam down for some bad experience you had there or maybe someone online from Guam offended you.

Guam is not sparkling clean like Singapore,but Guam is not as dirty as other parts of the World i've been to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Hell I'm going to double down on my hot take on Guam.

It's just too crowded- even the proper tourist district is unpleasantly full of people. & The pollution is so bad along the coastline you can smell the garbage in the water in some places (this is reliable info.)

& Naturally Hawaii downplays their slummier neighborhoods. They wouldn't dare chase away tourism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories