Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 05:58 PM

130,898 posts, read 12,220,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
This season really illustrates how "map dumb" we have become as a society with the over reliance on GPS. I swear some people couldn't find their way to and from work without it. Sad..
I know, I still like to look at real maps as well as use GPS. However, if I knew I had a spot on TAR, I would brush up on it & also my stick driving skills. I am sure they know in advance they are going, so why don't they brush up or learn these skills.

I do miss the airport mix ups & fights over who sits closer to the exit door. They need a good mix up in this series, as the placements are similar each week, & that takes away the excitement of seeing who will be first or last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 09:27 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,272,045 times
The finish placement has barely changed since the first episode. I was hoping the girls would finally finish ahead of the Danny alliance. They shouldn’t have given up their tables. (Shouldn’t teams have to give up their tables after making a wrong guess anyway?)

They need to have a bunch point to give other teams a chance.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:58 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,093,694 times
Liked it last night....Cordoba, Argentina....I think ....Phil pronounced Cordoba a bit funny
with his NZ accent....

Teams being "helpful" is good ...but maybe alittle too much helping each other this season.

I find it refreshing seeing South America....instead of the usual SE Asia and India....
I know some will call me out on this...."it is supposed to be around the world...etc..."

Old 04-20-2024, 07:53 AM

5,910 posts, read 7,006,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I know, I still like to look at real maps as well as use GPS. However, if I knew I had a spot on TAR, I would brush up on it & also my stick driving skills. I am sure they know in advance they are going, so why don't they brush up or learn these skills.
I think I'll have to add a 4th item to things that can kill you on TAR:
1) Not carefully reading (and re-reading) the clue.
2) Bad taxi driver
3) Can't drive a stick

4) Can't read a map

#2 can be luck-of-the-draw, but the other three are self-inflicted.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:02 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,000,328 times
Have to say they need to stop teams from helping each other out as much as we saw on the last episode. The one team basically did the map for two other teams. What kind of race is that? Not fair to the trailing teams who are desperately trying to make up time and not come in last and be eliminated. Seems to me teams weren't allowed to help each other in the earlier seasons, but I may just be thinking of one team member not being allowed to help out on a challenge their partner is doing alone.

Always enjoy the show but also always glad I'm not the one trying to complete the challenges. Looks frustrating to me most of the time. And some of the challenges that we've seen over the years have been dangerous, like walking in shark tanks to get a clue, they did that on two different seasons.

Not sure I have a favorite team, although the gay couple are funny to watch and they don't take themselves too serious while still doing very well. Normally I like to watch the father/daughter or mother/son teams but this year I'm getting tired of the son being too helpful to other teams. The pilots are almost too competitive, hard to like sometimes.

Good season overall.

Old 04-20-2024, 07:23 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,327,230 times
Not sure why teammates can't help each other on a roadblock but the participants can help other teams. Even if it's allowed, it's dumb to help another team in a competition. None of those teams gained any advantage by helping each other. They just managed to stay together and stay ahead of the teams that were far behind them.

Old 04-23-2024, 01:00 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,272,045 times
I'm OK with teams helping other teams, as long as it's a team I want to do well.

I'm pulling for Danny and his mom. Angie wants to be there to help her super fan son live his dream. The heat got to her (again) on the race track roadblock, but she seemed to handle the soccer OK.

Leticia, on the other hand, isn't trying and doesn't seem to want to be there. Clearly a recruited team. I was hoping she wouldn't get help, but we'll have to listen to her whining for at least one episode.

I was glad the girl teams helped each other. I was hoping they could overcome their time disadvantage. There needs to be a bunching/reset.

Old 04-25-2024, 04:19 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,327,230 times
Last night's episode continued the streak of no surprise eliminations with the second team to last team on the previous leg finishing last. The only real surprises were Danny and Angie moving up to 2nd and the pilots dropping to 5th, although I feel like even with creative editing, the teams were all pretty close together. The preview for next week alluded to a huge mistake by Danny and Angie in the coming episode, but I have trouble believing that they would give that away if it caused elimination. It's been interesting to see Vinny and Amber transition from constantly making analogies comparing the race to their profession in the early episodes to showcasing their toxic relationship in the last few. I thought it was editing making him look bad. Now I'm not so sure.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:16 AM

5,910 posts, read 7,006,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
The only real surprises were Danny and Angie moving up to 2nd and the pilots dropping to 5th
Given the food poisoning, I thought the pilots did OK. I'm sure they were glad to see there was not an eating challenge

Old 05-04-2024, 04:11 AM

11,898 posts, read 5,872,822 times
Felt so bad for the mom and son. I felt both did really well through the race. Surprised no noe else has commented on this week's episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV