Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 11,708 times

Advertisements

My husband and myself are moving to Tulsa for work. We have an 8 month old baby girl, and are extremely protective of her.

Jenks looks nice, but we have seen a LOT of bad reviews on the area more recently. Violent crimes increasing, etc.

I heard Bixby is much safer, but it's hard to tell when we've never lived in Tulsa before.

We don't mind where in Tulsa the suburb is.. North, South, East, West.. It doesn't matter to us... All that matters to us is safety, clean environment, etc.

Schools are not of a concern either.

I guess we're looking for which areas are more "upper class" than middle class. Purely for safety reasons.

Plleeaassseeee help! And be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 01:53 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
I live in Jenks and the city doesn't just have a low crime rate, it has almost zero crimes other than property crimes. And not much of that. The police are downright bored most of the time. There's a nightlife area in Jenks on the river where there's some bar related stuff, but the police are all over that. I'm not sure where you would get the idea that it was a high crime area, it's pretty ridiculous.

I would assume Bixby is similar. Both have some very wealthy areas. Both have some less wealthy areas in the old small downtown areas. Bixby is larger, Jenks is wealthier, but only a little. If you want a seriously wealthy area see the area in far south Tulsa but in the Jenks School District. Or Midtown Tulsa around Utica Square or just south of downtown.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRaven View Post
.........I guess we're looking for which areas are more "upper class" than middle class. Purely for safety reasons.............
Then I would stay away from the "upper class" areas. think on it a minute. If you are going to break into a house steal lots of stuff and kidnap a kid, what house is going to have the best stuff to steal and whose daddy is going to have the most ready cash for a ransom?

Drive an 8 year old car, live in a lower to low middle class neighborhood, be seen shopping at thrift stores and you will achieve the safety and anonymity you seek.........

Old 10-31-2011, 04:53 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times
Broken Arrow is ranked as either 1st or 2nd safest city in Oklahoma. It also ranks nationally for great places to raise a family and has top tier schools, housing, new shopping, dining, and entertainment options.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM

210 posts, read 427,778 times
I live in Jenks on the very south end between glenpool and Jenks. Kids play all the time in the area and around the area pool. I feel that Jenks is one of the safest area's in the state. Most of the housing developments have neighborhood watches.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:20 AM

95 posts, read 234,918 times
Broken Arrow probably has the best police force in the Tulsa metro area.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 8,078 times
I personally love the Jenks/Glenpool area. I am a Jenks Alum, whatever you do do not go to Union School District! lol...no but on a serious note crime is going to be anywhere you go. I would suggest making a trip up to Tulsa, check out the areas that interest you and then search on that area. I am sure a local realtor can answer all your questions. Good luck with the move and safe driving. Tulsa is a wonderful city you will love it here!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM

125 posts, read 212,810 times
I've been in Owasso for a year, and there are definitely quite a few "McMansion" neighborhoods that are about as low-drama as it gets. However, I'm getting closer to buying a home and commuting to the city is getting old...I may hit up Jenks or BA myself...

Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 AM

5 posts, read 16,528 times
Whats wrong with 74115 area

Old 11-23-2011, 12:13 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,222,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canutellme View Post
Whats wrong with 74115 area

Well, it's certainly not suburban. 74115 is an industrial area mostly made up of Tulsa International Airport and Mohawk Park/Tulsa Zoo. There are some lower middle class and poor neighborhoods in the southwest part of the zipcode. It's not an awful area, but is far from the "safest" area in Tulsa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa