Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 07:33 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,155,815 times

Advertisements

Apparently it's not a crime in Idaho (or most states for that matter) to fail to report a child gone missing.

This article explains why the couple has not been charged with anything yet, and the things they could be charged with. Right now it looks like they're all pretty minor charges.

https://www.postregister.com/news/lo...7ae2de980.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 05:25 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Strange situation. On the surface, it looks like the spouses were killed by Tammy's brother for the insurance money, although Tammy's estranged husband had changed the beneficiary before he was murdered. At least one of the children was a witness to one murder, so that's a reason that she would be eliminated. The brother was likely murdered to eliminate loose ends.

Hopefully more will be learned at the autopsies of the deceased wife and brother.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:26 AM

The couple has flown to Maui. LEO says they know where they are, so apparently they're keeping a close eye on them.

Media did an interview with a retired FBI agent. Full interview at the link below but here's the part I was happy to see.

While it may appear to the public that investigators aren’t doing anything, Montoya says a lot is happening behind the scenes and police are leaving “no stone unturned.”

“Your biggest fear as an investigator is when the lead well dries up. So keeping it high profile, using the media to promote the investigation, talking to a lot of different jurisdictions – they’re doing anything and everything they can do to uncover more leads,” he says.

Montoya says it’s important for the public to send in tips, even if they seem insignificant, and to trust the legal process. His experience shows that if the couple eventually decides to cooperate with law enforcement, it will likely be Chad who talks.

“I would note in cases like this that it’s the woman who is the hard nut to crack. The husband is usually the one who comes clean first,” Montoya says. “It’s frustrating the parents aren’t talking, it’s frustrating they’re having a grand old time in Hawaii but maybe at some point, their conscience finally gets to one of them.”

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...d-happen-next/

Old 02-17-2020, 10:39 AM

I have a feeling that their conscience won't get to either of them until after the July 22 date for the 2nd coming has come and gone.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:54 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Where are they getting their money? They seem to live a fairly expensive lifestyle.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:26 AM

I've seen some speculation on some of the news website comments as to why Tylee's oldest brother didn't give an interview to Dateline. He put something up on You Tube and he has interviewed with a couple newspapers listing some of Lori's lies, so his absence from Dateline was fairly conspicuous, especially since there was no one else advocating for Tylee.

Many are hoping Tylee contacted him and swore him to secrecy. He doesn't want to lie, so he declined to be interviewed any further.

I think there's a chance that's what's happening. That Lori's using them in a war against the Woodcocks.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:53 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
EDIT: Sorry, this actually happened in Rexburg, ID not UT. I can't edit the thread title. Mod note: Title edited.

This is a pretty convoluted story, and if it turns out like I think it will, 2 people need to go in front of the firing squad. UT still has the firing squad, in case you were wondering, because many there believe in blood atonement.

Anyway, Tammy Daybell died, apparently of natural causes in her sleep about 2 months ago at the age of 49.

Her husband remarried within 2 or 3 weeks, to a woman with 2 children. A 7 year old with special needs, and a 17 year old girl. He's a religious speaker and writer, according to one source.

Relatives hadn't heard from the children since September, so they called police for a welfare check. The couple said the kids were in AZ with friends, which turned out not to be true. When police returned to the parent's house, they find they had quickly absconded and disappeared.

It sounds like to me it's the usual "let's get rid of our spouses so we can be together unhindered" scenario, except in this case the guy didn't want to raise these 2 kids so the agreement was he gets rid of his wife and she gets rid of the kids.

https://amarketnews.com/2019/12/21/j...-ryan-missing/

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/re...3907&fhid=7137

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/1...erious-danger/
Since this is on new news constantly where I live in ID, I'll not comment cause no one would understand my comments, and I will guarantee that I will get another note from a moderator and another tick on my record.

As for the firing squad in UT. Execution in UT is actually by lethal injection with two exceptions. One, if a person before the date was changed to lethal injection had requested a firing squad, their request will be carried out by firing squad; and two, if lethal injection is prevented due to the lack of drugs then the manner of execution will revert to the firing squad.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the firing squad is the cheapest and fastest way to carry out an execution and have always wondered why it was looked down upon as a form of execution.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Since this is on new news constantly where I live in ID, I'll not comment cause no one would understand my comments, .
Try us. We're all pretty smart here.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 PM

492 posts, read 234,281 times
she got arrested, in pokey now

Old 02-20-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
she got arrested, in pokey now
Oh wow! Five million bond!

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-million-bond/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime