Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2020, 11:11 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,157,091 times

Advertisements

Nine days after Tammy’s death, Chad published an essay titled ‘Moving into the Second Half of My Life’ in the LDS-AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) Global Initiative Newsletter.

Friends of Chad are saying that he had more than one life insurance policy and claim to know that shortly before her death, he increased the value of one of them "significantly."

It's looking more and more like he was in on all of this too. I was hoping the deaths were all Lori's and Alex's doing, for Chad's kids' sake.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...iends-noticed/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 04:08 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Nine days after Tammy’s death, Chad published an essay titled ‘Moving into the Second Half of My Life’ in the LDS-AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) Global Initiative Newsletter.

Friends of Chad are saying that he had more than one life insurance policy and claim to know that shortly before her death, he increased the value of one of them "significantly."

It's looking more and more like he was in on all of this too. I was hoping the deaths were all Lori's and Alex's doing, for Chad's kids' sake.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...iends-noticed/
I'm really shocked he didn't cremate his wife since it's looking like he killed her. Were they both so stupid to think they couldn't get caught?

Old 03-05-2020, 12:26 PM

FBI releases last photos of kids in Yellowstone. JJ went to school for a couple of weeks after these photos, but this was the last anyone saw Tylee.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...asks-for-help/

Old 03-05-2020, 01:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
Heartbreaking photos, in retrospect. There have been online rumors for the last couple of weeks that Tylee was pushed into an acid hot spring or geyser. I expect the FBI is determining where that last photo was taken. Other online discussion sites' posters think it was the Norris Geyser Basin, which includes the hottest and most acid features in the park, and some of whose trails include wooden barriers as seen in this picture.

It is also where a young man went off-trail with his sister, fell into a geyser (or perhaps the thin crust broke under his weight - and was "dissolved". It's not that far from the west entrance to the park.

I expect the FBI and other l.e. authorities are doing a very thorough check of Lori's online searches prior to September 8, when Tylee was last seen and this picture was taken. I hope others who visited the park that day will search their photos - and memories - and can add to what we know of this terrible situation. And I hope JJ's teachers have been questioned about his emotional state when he went back to school - briefly - immediately after the Yellowstone visit.

IMO, Tylee has a rather sad, perhaps resigned expression on her face, as she hugs her brother protectively and tightly. Did she have any idea or premonition what lay ahead for her and JJ? Alex, the children's uncle, looks very detached and separate from the children, standing at a distance and not looking at the (cell phone) camera. What was his role in their disappearance, and is it connected with his own death shortly after?

Old 03-05-2020, 01:06 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
I also wonder if the clothing the children are wearing here was found in that storage unit, along with their bikes and toys and other possessions.

Old 03-05-2020, 02:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I also wonder if the clothing the children are wearing here was found in that storage unit, along with their bikes and toys and other possessions.
No one will know that until the kids are found.

There was some clothing in the storage unit as I remember, but kids are kids; they grow. They may have been seen wearing clothing they outgrew and ended up in storage.

For sure, I think some of the toys that were left outside of the Daybell apartment in Rexburg were there just for deception.
A mother whose child played with JJ noticed one was a soccer ball that had big 'JJ' printed on it with a Sharpie.
She said she never once saw JJ playing soccer, even when other kids were playing it. But the ball didn't rouse any suspicion in her until she knew JJ was missing.

And really, the suspicion that the toys were placed outside to deceive the neighbors into believing JJ was still there may be unrealistic. The soccer ball could have been a gift from another kid, or could have been purchased on a whim, and the other stuff- a bike and some other gear, could have simply been left outside and never put away.
Only the circumstances make them suspicious. There's plenty of reasons to suspect foul play, for sure, but I believe in letting law enforcement do their job and come up with evidence.

I really don't want mob justice to take this matter over. That won't ever help find the missing kids. So I regret spreading my own suspicion.
Only the truth will tell us what happened, and if our mob justice suspicions overcome the case, the truth could never be found.

Everything we talk about here could be something the Daybells can use to cover their tracks if they're guilty.
Only Lori is behind bars, and there are still a lot of others who are loose and free to eliminate evidence. Our gab could be informing them of what they need to go find and destroy.

And the Daybells can be innocent of our worst fears. It is quite possible that the kids were never neglected or abused, and only given to responsible folks who are taking good care of them and don't want it to become a big public matter.

The preppers aren't neglectful or abusing parents as a group, at least from my own observation. If anything, they tend to be over-protective of their children and very attentive to them, especially if they are LDS.

Since the Daybells were in the center of this movement, I think it is entirely possible that they don't know where the kids are now. Preppers are secretive, and they don't plant roots easily, so they do move around. Very quietly. Without other members knowledge of their new location.

The Daybells may have promised to never disclose their names. If they do now, it would wipe out Chad's leadership and income. If Chad is outcast, so is Lori. They both depend on his income.

None of that means the kids are dead or injured or have been kidnapped. None of it means they aren't in loving homes now. And none of it means Lori was up to no good when it comes to the kids.

We all have to bear that in mind.

Until justice takes its course, the Daybell couple could be nothing than a couple of real a-holes I wouldn't ever want to know personally, but no more than that.

Old 03-05-2020, 02:28 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No one will know that until the kids are found.

There was some clothing in the storage unit as I remember, but kids are kids; they grow. They may have been seen wearing clothing they outgrew and ended up in storage.

For sure, I think some of the toys that were left outside of the Daybell apartment in Rexburg were there just for deception.
A mother whose child played with JJ noticed one was a soccer ball that had big 'JJ' printed on it with a Sharpie.
She said she never once saw JJ playing soccer, even when other kids were playing it. But the ball didn't rouse any suspicion in her until she knew JJ was missing.

And really, the suspicion that the toys were placed outside to deceive the neighbors into believing JJ was still there may be unrealistic. The soccer ball could have been a gift from another kid, or could have been purchased on a whim, and the other stuff- a bike and some other gear, could have simply been left outside and never put away.
Only the circumstances make them suspicious. There's plenty of reasons to suspect foul play, for sure, but I believe in letting law enforcement do their job and come up with evidence.

I really don't want mob justice to take this matter over. That won't ever help find the missing kids. So I regret spreading my own suspicion.
Only the truth will tell us what happened, and if our mob justice suspicions overcome the case, the truth could never be found.

Everything we talk about here could be something the Daybells can use to cover their tracks if they're guilty.
Only Lori is behind bars, and there are still a lot of others who are loose and free to eliminate evidence. Our gab could be informing them of what they need to go find and destroy.

And the Daybells can be innocent of our worst fears. It is quite possible that the kids were never neglected or abused, and only given to responsible folks who are taking good care of them and don't want it to become a big public matter.

The preppers aren't neglectful or abusing parents as a group, at least from my own observation. If anything, they tend to be over-protective of their children and very attentive to them, especially if they are LDS.

Since the Daybells were in the center of this movement, I think it is entirely possible that they don't know where the kids are now. Preppers are secretive, and they don't plant roots easily, so they do move around. Very quietly. Without other members knowledge of their new location.

The Daybells may have promised to never disclose their names. If they do now, it would wipe out Chad's leadership and income. If Chad is outcast, so is Lori. They both depend on his income.

None of that means the kids are dead or injured or have been kidnapped. None of it means they aren't in loving homes now. And none of it means Lori was up to no good when it comes to the kids.

We all have to bear that in mind.

Until justice takes its course, the Daybell couple could be nothing than a couple of real a-holes I wouldn't ever want to know personally, but no more than that.
I hear what you're saying but there's no way Chad is coming here. He'd be going to Reddit or Websleuths to follow along.

Hopefully they'll arrest him soon too. It's just a matter of time with his wife being gone plus he married Lori way too quick. That screams they have something to hide. His days are numbered.

I think if they could produce the kids they would have. Sadly it won't ever happen.

I'm thankful LE are doing something with this case after the circus when little DeOrr went missing

Old 03-06-2020, 04:02 PM

An Idaho judge lowered Lori's bond to 1 million. In court her lawyer made it sound as though she would bond out, and a lot of internet detectives are taking bets that there will soon be a suicide pact.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...n-idaho-court/

Old 03-09-2020, 02:28 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I hear what you're saying but there's no way Chad is coming here. He'd be going to Reddit or Websleuths to follow along.

Hopefully they'll arrest him soon too. It's just a matter of time with his wife being gone plus he married Lori way too quick. That screams they have something to hide. His days are numbered.

I think if they could produce the kids they would have. Sadly it won't ever happen.

I'm thankful LE are doing something with this case after the circus when little DeOrr went missing
True, but the internet is a big pool. What is written here gets spread to other places.

For sure, this case is nothing like the Casey Anthony case, nor is it like the DeOrr case.
Suspicion never counts unless there is a solid chain of logical intent that can be proven, or there's physical evidence that a crime occurred. If neither is present, prosecution of a crime becomes very, very difficult.

But there's plenty of physical evidence and a chain of logic in the disappearance of Lori's kids.

One could supply the reasons for getting rid of the kids, and the other could provide the way the kids disappeared.

Until the public gets to see either in full, all we have is suspicion, and that alone never convicts anyone.

I was playing the devil's advocate in my previous post. We all need to remember that our suspicion won't ever solve anything, and it could let the guilty go free if we aren't careful.

The Daybells have shown they are capable of abandonment, and there is lots of evidence on that charge.

But so far, there is nothing to show either of them is capable of murder or has ever had the intent to murder. Alex Cox could sure murder, as he shot Charles Vallow to death, but there's nothing in Lori's history to show she ever harmed her kids, and though Alex was her brother, that doesn't prove she had anything to do with her husband's shooting. Tammy Daybell's death shows nothing either.

Until evidence says otherwise. Until then, all we have is a pile of very suspicious and violent circumstances.
But all the violence was committed by a dead man when he was still alive.

Let's be patient. Don't get too carried away with the worst outcome because only time will tell us if we leaped to conclusions or not.

It seems logical that the kids are dead, but our logic depends on incomplete knowledge so it could be mistaken.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:05 PM

Justin Lum, a Fox 10 reporter in Phoenix said he talked to Colby Ryan, Lori's oldest son. He visited her in the Rexburg jail, and urged her to do the right thing. All she said was that she loved him. But she couldn't tell him where the kids are.

I'm surprised she even visited with him.

I don't know how to link to a specific facebook post, but it's at the top of his page right now.

https://www.facebook.com/13464076336...0931829403162/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime