Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM

2,383 posts, read 1,769,130 times

Advertisements

My wife and I were in Moab UT in October after seeing the annular eclipse in Monument Valley. Unfortunately my Jeep died in Moab and it’s been there at the mechanics since then. So, soon we’ll be driving back there (from San Francisco) to retrieve my gear from the Jeep. The routing to Moab will include Monument Valley, so we’ll be stopping there too. It’s one of our favorite places. I’ve never been there in winter, though. It should be interesting. And nice!

North Rim, Toroweap Overlook, Monument Valley, Moab, Canyonlands. Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZpM1u6b

Beautiful country. And soon we’re going back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2024, 05:02 PM

4,856 posts, read 3,666,315 times
No plans as of yet.

Our old Cavalier King Charles spaniel is in his end-of-life time, and has congestive heart failure that requires meds. We don't feel right about leaving him with anyone or a vet. So have put any travel plans on hold.

Lost a dog and cat last year, so our remaining furkid is it for us. I cannot bear any more heartbreak related to pets.

Old 02-02-2024, 11:16 PM

1,094 posts, read 602,773 times
Just came back from NYC,

Feb: Miami & Palm Beach

March: Vegas, Punta Cana in Dominican then NYC again

May: Los Angeles then Tokyo for a month

July/August: London and Scotland

(Then a move to Miami between Sep & Nov TBD)

Xmas: yet-to-be-determined between Paris and Milan. Or Taipei & Tokyo again.

Old 02-03-2024, 11:42 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,564,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung baby View Post
Just came back from NYC,

Feb: Miami & Palm Beach

March: Vegas, Punta Cana in Dominican then NYC again

May: Los Angeles then Tokyo for a month

July/August: London and Scotland

(Then a move to Miami between Sep & Nov TBD)

Xmas: yet-to-be-determined between Paris and Milan. Or Taipei & Tokyo again.
Where in Miami are you moving to? Born and raised there

Old 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,564,252 times
Leave for Vegas for the Super Bowl on Thursday morning. It's going to be beyond insane there. Can't wait!!

Old 02-03-2024, 10:57 PM

395 posts, read 282,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Leave for Vegas for the Super Bowl on Thursday morning. It's going to be beyond insane there. Can't wait!!
Yikes, good luck! We're going the following week (got a deal at the Palazzo).

Old 02-04-2024, 06:58 AM

232 posts, read 145,797 times
Just came back from Colombia and Ecuador, 14 days. Spent $900 more on flight tickets back home, after cancelling and buying back the same tickets, due to Ecuador's State of Emergency. It was nothing. Everything was normal in Ecuador. I am glad that I went on with my trip to Bogota, Galapagos Islands, Quito, and Banos.

Now just finished booking the last hotel in Japan for my next trip (end of this month for more than a month) to Japan, Taiwan, and China.

An half-way through my trip planning to Portugal and Italy in April and May (one month), trying to insert a new place to go.

Might spend Summer in the U.S. and don't know where to go in next Fall and Winter yet. If I see a cheap ticket to where I like to go, just book the ticket and then do planning later.

Old 02-05-2024, 07:35 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,147,313 times
Just returned from Costa Rica, going back in June. For the fall, I’m considering a wine tasting tour in Europe or maybe a quick trip to the Caribbean. Living fairly near a major hub like Miami means better fares and more choices.

I like flyingaway’s idea to book first and plan later.

Old 02-05-2024, 08:44 AM

18,503 posts, read 15,318,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Just got back from a week in Deer Valley, Utah, with my wife and 3 kids.

Going to a place called Punta Mita next month. I don't know anything about it. My in-laws are taking the whole family so they made all the plans. There are 17 of us. I am assuming it is nice, as we are staying in a Four Seasons.

Going to Montreal in June to see the Formula 1 race. This is a guy trip.

South of France in July with my wife and another couple.

The second half of July and all of August in the Hamptons.

Haven't planned anything in the fall yet, but I think I will be going to Cuba with the guys, and then another ski trip with the family over Christmas, either out west or maybe Zermatt.
My oldest daughter just told us she will be doing a semester abroad in Florence, so I guess I am adding a trip to Florence to the list.

Old 02-05-2024, 04:47 PM

1,094 posts, read 602,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Where in Miami are you moving to? Born and raised there
In an ideal world? coconut grove/coral gables. With the current market (especially FL) I’ll be happy in Palm Beach county too. Inventory is low, housing stock isn’t too great and I haven’t really been proactively looking. I have to really, really like the house though so I’m not in a rush. (We lived in Sarasota for a year in 2021, should have chosen South FL back then.)

Have fun in Vegas, we were there in Oct for U2 concert and will be back again in Mar for a second time seeing the concert & meeting a friend there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel