Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 04:19 PM

232 posts, read 146,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Tomorrow I head off to Italy for 2 weeks.

My first time there was 41 years ago when I got stationed in Sicily. My last trip back was 10 years ago.

If anyone cares, I got a package deal off of expedia. Flight, room & rental car for $1,992, including all fees & taxes.

Each time I go there, I see how much things have changed. I expect to see some really big changes this time around.

Some joke that nothing has changed in Italy in 2,000 years. But if you look a bit close, you can see all the changes. I'm thankful I got to travel to Europe back in the days where Italy was Italian, France was French, Germany was German................
I will be in Europe later this month for a month, Spain, Portugal, Italy (Amalfi coast, Naples, and Rome), plus a quick trip to Albania, Kosovo, and North Macedonia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 05:16 PM

4,278 posts, read 8,206,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingaway View Post
I will be in Europe later this month for a month, Spain, Portugal, Italy (Amalfi coast, Naples, and Rome), plus a quick trip to Albania, Kosovo, and North Macedonia.
Nice, we are heading to your last three in the beginning of May. Looking forward to it!

Old 04-11-2024, 10:50 AM

22,450 posts, read 29,621,683 times
We cancelled the Sedona portion of our Scottsdale trip. We were only going to be there for 24 hrs with a 4 hr travel time so we'll make it its own separate trip down the line.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:53 AM

18,512 posts, read 15,340,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
We cancelled the Sedona portion of our Scottsdale trip. We were only going to be there for 24 hrs with a 4 hr travel time so we'll make it its own separate trip down the line.
For your sake, I hope you follow up on it. Sedona is not to be missed IMHO.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:36 PM

22,450 posts, read 29,621,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
For your sake, I hope you follow up on it. Sedona is not to be missed IMHO.
No, we definitely will do a separate trip!

Old 04-17-2024, 08:37 PM

44,417 posts, read 20,174,502 times
I'm looking forward to six days in Copenhagen in September. We'll take a day trip to Sweden, just a short distance away. Really looking forward to getting away!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-18-2024, 08:16 PM

4,278 posts, read 8,206,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
I'm looking forward to six days in Copenhagen in September. We'll take a day trip to Sweden, just a short distance away. Really looking forward to getting away!

Nice, Copenhagen is great! Just take lots of money!

Old 04-25-2024, 10:57 AM

44,417 posts, read 20,174,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
The cost is why we are limiting this vacay to 5 nights. We're saving up for a bigger trip next year.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:54 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,847 posts, read 58,440,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
We've had very excellent and interesting home stays in Copenhagen (free to $20 / night) Emphasis on hospitality, and Scandinavian and northern Europe dwellers know a lot about hosting and hospitality / culture sharing. (As does nearly every culture we experience as a 'local' not a tourist)

Copenhagen Card includes all transport, including from Airport plus, IIRC daily entry to Tivoli (nice park to spend evenings during spring blooms). Eat elsewhere Our hosts were insistent to cook local cuisine for us every night, and breakfast, and packed lunch. They lived in a historic area (put us on level 5, very quaint) 50 steps from train / metro. We used the Pass for train trips around Denmark.

Our son rented the small boats within the city, that come with picnic lunch + wine choice. We rented bikes and scooters

https://www.48hoursineurope.com/how-...-in-copenhagen

Old 04-29-2024, 09:36 AM

2,392 posts, read 1,790,263 times
This weekend I’ll be driving 200 miles with my wife to a weekend gathering of Porsche 356 fans. For those unfamiliar, the 356 was the first car manufactured by Porsche. They were made from 1948 to 1965.

Here’s the wiki page
➜ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_356

It’s just for the weekend but it should be a nice break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel