Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will have the best luxury stores by the end of 2013?
Dallas 88 62.86%
Houston 52 37.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 AM

4,440 posts, read 5,363,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I can't speak for everybody but Sounds like sour grapes to me!

You might be delusional if you think that the residents of Dallas can support all the luxury shopping within it's city limits. I don’t live in either city and I don't have any skin in the game.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:45 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,978,397 times
Quote:
I can't speak for everybody but Sounds like sour grapes to me!
The sad thing is, you're actually being serious.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,470,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The sad thing is, you're actually being serious.
No the sad thing is that the comment was irrelevant...Whocares where the shoppers come from...The stores are all in DALLAS...and since you really cant argue with that the poster resulted to complaining about something irrelevant like where the shoppers come from...If thats really a case what about all the people from Dallas or anywhere in the world that shop at the Houston Galleria when they are in town??.Give me a break!!!...

P.S. Yes I was being serious Trae713....problem????

Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,790,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
You might be delusional if you think that the residents of Dallas can support all the luxury shopping within it's city limits. I don’t live in either city and I don't have any skin in the game.
Ok, so?

Thats the same in any city.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM

18,495 posts, read 33,006,082 times
Quote:
No the sad thing is that the comment was irrelevant...Whocares where the shoppers come from...The stores are all in DALLAS...and since you really cant argue with that the poster resulted to complaining about something irrelevant like where the shoppers come from...If thats really a case what about all the people from Dallas or anywhere in the world that shop at the Houston Galleria when they are in town??.Give me a break!!!...

P.S. Yes I was being serious Trae713....problem????
fact is y'all were making it seem like the metro is connected for everything else but what Dallas stands out alone for is the shopping. BS. The metro works together for everything INCLUDING the shopping. Just like Arlington could not host the Boys and the Rangers without the Mplex, Dallas could not host the Double Decker Walmart and the other fancy establishments without the rest of the Mplex. That is just how it goes in metros. Things are done by market, and the market is drawn from a wide area. Usually even bigger than the metro boundaries itself.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,510,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
You do realize that those stores draw shoppers from hundreds (even thousands) of miles, right?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,470,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
fact is y'all were making it seem like the metro is connected for everything else but what Dallas stands out alone for is the shopping. BS. The metro works together for everything INCLUDING the shopping. Just like Arlington could not host the Boys and the Rangers without the Mplex, Dallas could not host the Double Decker Walmart and the other fancy establishments without the rest of the Mplex. That is just how it goes in metros. Things are done by market, and the market is drawn from a wide area. Usually even bigger than the metro boundaries itself.
You said this to say what???....Who didnt know that things are done by market???..All that was being pointed out was that all of the High-end stores are in the Dallas city limits or on the Dallas side of the metroplex....the poster who whined that the dallas couldnt support the stores by itself is the one yall need to be attacking....thats the silly post.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 PM

20,525 posts, read 33,611,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
You do realize that those stores draw shoppers from hundreds (even thousands) of miles, right?
Yep. It isn't just metro folks. It's markets. Meaning, Dallas pulls from people in Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and even as far South as Austin or Central Texas at the least. It even pulls from West Texas and parts of New Mexico.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,884,403 times
Well I guess luxury ice cream goes along with luxury shopping. Sprinkles Ice Cream is opening their third location here In Dallas after Beverly Hills and Newport Beach. Can't wait!

Sprinkles Ice Cream

Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,033,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Thanks for the morning laugh, I needed it. Thanks for once and all proving you will mis-interpret and twist any thead to make Houston come out on top.

That question was not, what city has the fastest growing energy sector. The question was what city has the best/most luxury shopping. The answer is Dallas, but the shopping in both cities is top notch.
Basically anything I can find in Dallas I can also find in Houston & if I can't that means I don't really need it anyways...

As I said earlier in the thread, Dallas has better big department store shopping (Neimans, Nordstroms, Barneys, Macy's, Dillards, & JC Penny) while Houston has its funky little boutiques scattered all up & down Westheimer & Montrose.

D/FW (not Dallas) offers more shopping per capita than any other US city thanks to its encompassing mega burbs on steroids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas