Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 01:49 AM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times

Advertisements

Old people ( over 50) multivitamins, a combination calcium, magnesium, zinc tablet, and vitamin D3 ( this last at the instructions of my PCP).

Don't know if these do much but I have been lucky so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,221 times
I am taking astaxanthin from the brand FREZZOR which is more effective than Vitamin C.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:37 AM

10,100 posts, read 1,022,094 times
One a Day Woman's Vitamin, Zinc, Calcium with Vitamin D.
I want to live a long and healthy life!

Old 06-09-2021, 03:30 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Daily:
Magnesium Citrate 500mg
Vitamin D3 10,000 IU
Vitamin B6 1000mcg (Solgar)
Chelated Zinc (Swanson)
Chelated Copper (Swanson)
I should probably add CoQ10

Frequently, not every day:
Turmeric and Bromelain (Swanson)
Hyaluronic Acid Complex (Swanson)
L-Glutamine (Now)
Garlinase (Nature's Way)
Bee Pollen by (Now)
Lung and Bronchial Support (Dr. Sinatra)
D-Mannose (Now)
Marshmallow Root (Horbaach)
Control (Uqora)

++++++++
I've had shingles so to knock it out cold as it flares up (rarely):
BHT (sold on Amazon only)
SuperLysine (by Quantum Health)

Only takes a couple doses of each

Red Marine Algae (Gigartina) is also extremely effective as an antivital (flu, shingles, etc.)

Old 06-28-2021, 04:57 AM

20 posts, read 13,576 times
I am taking personalized vitamins from Ginihealth, DNA based. Everything in one pill.

Old 06-30-2021, 04:58 PM

55 posts, read 42,635 times
I take Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc daily (all in easily absorbed liquid drops)
3 times a week I brew my own Tea (astragalus root, Angelica root, ginger, and honey)
And Ivermectin once a day (Because the FDA is wrong!)

Old 07-01-2021, 03:52 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,408,994 times
Vit D3 w/ K2 (same pill) and Zinc

Getting Vit C from freshly squeezed lime juice

Eating Saurkraut and Kimchee on alternate days also.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:12 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,100,521 times
Posted in alternative health, all available at my local vitamin shoppe.

Curcumin and EGCG both have emerging studies for Covid. Both anti-cancer as well.

Licorice also looks good, but it shouldnt be taken long term. Blood pressure/potassium concerns.

Multivitamin + Curcumin + EGCG seems the best protocol for prevention
If symptoms - Add Licorice, more vitamin C, NAC, melatonin, & nattokinase(Nephin0l AFD or Serracor NK even better)

Old 07-14-2021, 10:59 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Nothing, just balanced diet.
Why would I want some synthetic supplements from China?

Old 07-16-2021, 07:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I wanted to update this:

My doctor ran a ton of bloodwork on me when I fell and did a real number on my elbow (tripped over my dog - BE CAREFUL!). She is a DO and she really believes in as natural an approach to whole body health as possible. I really like her and I appreciated her concern and care for me. She knows I don't like to take anything addictive or unnecessary but I will if it's required. Anyway, after the trauma of a bad break (and subsequent surgery and elbow replacement - AUGH), as well as the trauma of my husband's unexpected and sudden death a few weeks before that, though I had been taking supplements for years, and though none of my levels were below normal, several of them were on the very low end of normal (Vitamin D sticks out in my mind) and she also recommended a calcium supplement because I am rebuilding bone. She recommended it actually for a year at least so...

I've been taking a multivitamin supplement, extra vitamin C, zinc, quercetin, vitamin K, vitamin E (also for healing so I take a bit extra), calcium (have to take it in the morning and the others basically at night), a small dose of aspirin (recommended by several doctors because of my highish platelet count), and extra vitamin D. I added the vitamin K, vitamin E, calcium, and vitamin D since my blood work. I don't take the vitamin K every day, I take it about every other day.

Anyway, I have healed GREAT and continue to regain strength in my right arm (surgery healed very well thanks to supplements and good OT, and I have good range of motion which I credit largely to keeping the scar supple with therapeutic massage). I credit the supplements with keeping my strength and vigor up as I heal and frankly as I age (I am 59).

No side effects and nothing negative that I can tell. As I have aged, I can't eat the amounts I used to eat and therefore it's difficult to get everything I need from diet alone, which is the approach I used to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements