Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 09:27 AM

8,269 posts, read 13,434,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
I’ve been poking around looking at land records and the agendas for some of the planning meetings and just from those items that I’ve looked at. Freedom Blvd is about to explode with development. I believe I saw three different housing projects alone on the stretch between National Cemetery and 76. If I was investing I would definitely invest in some land to put a shopping center out that way because it’s definitely going to need it within the next 5-10 years.
I am wondering if Alligator Road will ever get an exit on I-95? Interestingly enough It provides a connection directly over to 301 and then connects with Freedom Blvd which runs around the Airport over to 378 in East Florence. Though maybe not needed now.. I would consider a little connector at Alligator Rd at 301 that runs east of that intersection and connect with Freedom Blvd if traffic in that segment of 301 becomes too congested.. especially if Alligator Rd continues to develop/improve and an cloverleaf with 95 is put in place. ( East Red Bud@ 301 into Freedom Blvd.)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fl...sazU?entry=ttu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2024, 12:41 PM

317 posts, read 479,219 times
Maybe in the future, that exit would make sense. Even the Sumter St bridge could be an exit. I remember reading that Darlington wanted a 95 exit at Mckiver rd. That was years ago and I guess nothing came from it.

Old 04-27-2024, 02:17 PM

15 posts, read 23,250 times
Just saw on Facebook that Florence will be getting an independent bookstore called “Jack’s Books” not sure when or where.

Old 04-28-2024, 09:47 AM

21,033 posts, read 27,371,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I am wondering if Alligator Road will ever get an exit on I-95? Interestingly enough It provides a connection directly over to 301 and then connects with Freedom Blvd which runs around the Airport over to 378 in East Florence. Though maybe not needed now.. I would consider a little connector at Alligator Rd at 301 that runs east of that intersection and connect with Freedom Blvd if traffic in that segment of 301 becomes too congested.. especially if Alligator Rd continues to develop/improve and an cloverleaf with 95 is put in place. ( East Red Bud@ 301 into Freedom Blvd.)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fl...sazU?entry=ttu
Quote:
Maybe in the future, that exit would make sense. Even the Sumter St bridge could be an exit. I remember reading that Darlington wanted a 95 exit at Mckiver rd. That was years ago and I guess nothing came from it.
Alligator Road was recently widened to four lanes plus a center turn lane from South Irby Street to South Knollwood Road and Walker Station Road, then two lanes plus a center turn lane to West Palmetto Street. Four lanes from South Knollwood Road and Walker Station Road to West Palmetto Street could occur in time with increased development and traffic create the need. This should have been done already.

I would not mind seeing improvements at West Palmetto Street and Interstate 95. Traffic signals are needed for the exit ramps onto West Palmetto Street.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Alligator Road was recently widened to four lanes plus a center turn lane from South Irby Street to South Knollwood Road and Walker Station Road, then two lanes plus a center turn lane to West Palmetto Street. Four lanes from South Knollwood Road and Walker Station Road to West Palmetto Street could occur in time with increased development and traffic create the need. This should have been done already.

I would not mind seeing improvements at West Palmetto Street and Interstate 95. Traffic signals are needed for the exit ramps onto West Palmetto Street.
The exit at 95 and 76/Palmetto is getting a QT where Young’s use to be so it may happen sooner rather than later.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:46 PM

15 posts, read 23,250 times
Quote:
The exit at 95 and 76/Palmetto is getting a QT where Young’s use to be so it may happen sooner rather than later.
Isn’t the Bruce and Lee Foundation doing something with Ed Young’s old house as well?

Old Today, 05:46 AM

Rezoning halted on land for potential development on I-95 at Bucees. County council sent it back to the zoning commission. If these commissioners and councilmen vote against this request they are making a huge mistake. The area is already being developed and some of the people that are against the rezoning don’t even live in Florence county. The article is here.
https://www.postandcourier.com/pee-d...4bc8231bc.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina