Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2017, 09:05 PM

14 posts, read 13,990 times

Advertisements

I applied (through an employee referral) to several positions at Amazon. My application status portal says "reviewed, not selected" on several of the positions, and "under review" on the others.

"Reviewed, not selected" - is definitely a rejection, correct?

"Under review" - one of the positions had a button for me to complete my application (I guess the person who referred me didn't include my address) - what does it mean if anything?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,169 times
After onsite interview at Amazon for TPM role (Technical Program Manager), the recruiter reached to let me know that the team thought I would be a better fit for other roles (Program Manager), which is a little weird because they pushed me for this role after phone interviews.
Anyways, is this is a polite no and there is a shot that they will interview me again. Anyone else has a similar experience and will I have to go through the entire loop again?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:27 PM

129 posts, read 224,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashd View Post
After onsite interview at Amazon for TPM role (Technical Program Manager), the recruiter reached to let me know that the team thought I would be a better fit for other roles (Program Manager), which is a little weird because they pushed me for this role after phone interviews.
Anyways, is this is a polite no and there is a shot that they will interview me again. Anyone else has a similar experience and will I have to go through the entire loop again?
It's not a no. It's just a no for the role which you interviewed for.

Either your technical skills were not up to the standard they were expecting or you just weren't able to communicate it effectively.

If you want to apply to PM roles, reach out to the recruiter.
If you want to continue to TPM roles, you'll have to wait at least 5-6 months before they will even consider you again.

Best to just have a frank conversation with your recruiter.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:30 PM

129 posts, read 224,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life2.0 View Post
I applied (through an employee referral) to several positions at Amazon. My application status portal says "reviewed, not selected" on several of the positions, and "under review" on the others.

"Reviewed, not selected" - is definitely a rejection, correct?

"Under review" - one of the positions had a button for me to complete my application (I guess the person who referred me didn't include my address) - what does it mean if anything?

Thank you.
Yes.
Update it if you want. But address doesn't matter for initial recruiting purposes.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 12,002 times
Question Interviewing @Amazon

I had Onsite interviews with Amazon on Thursday. And have not heard back from recruiter as of Monday. What's the post-interview process looks like? When should I expect a response back? Any pointer is appreciated as I am new grad and worried about job.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:13 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
newjobgrad, post your question in the established Amazon thread (above) on this forum, you'll get much more visibility. Best wishes!

Old 09-18-2017, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 12,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
newjobgrad, post your question in the established Amazon thread (above) on this forum, you'll get much more visibility. Best wishes!
Will do thank you

Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,832 times
Default Any update or info on what this means is it good or bad? I received the same email

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairez View Post
so I had a interview with amazon, mouth swab test, after was told I would receive a email 2 days later I receive email saying I needed to do my I9 and schedule my appointment to take documents to third party. After it was all done my profile said awaiting screen results. Last night I got a email about my amazon status update saying I needed to follow up with one or both of our screening partners. you will be receiving notifications of your pre-employment screening results from either accurate background, or total compliance network, amazons medical review officer(MRO), REGARDING DRUG TEST?

Can someone let me know what this means or what??
Any update on this email I received the same email and I'm wondering if its a bad thing or not??

Old 09-23-2017, 12:06 PM

10 posts, read 50,880 times
So, has anyone on here had experience with the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program, or know someone who has? It's a relatively new program where Active Duty military spend 12 weeks during their last 6 months before separation from the military working for a number of companies (of which Amazon is one). It really looks like an amazing program in that the companies get to essentially conduct a 12 week OJT interview without having to pay any salary or benefits, and the fellows get the experience of a relatively "advanced" internship while receiving their full military pay and benefits. I'd love to hear anyone's experience with the program but mostly interested in a few things.

1. Is Amazon know to be as selective for this program as they are in general? (Both in getting a fellowship and a potential offer upon completion of service).

2. Are non-tech dudes and dudettes considered?

3. I know they have selected out Fort Leavenworth for Kansas City placement. Would this most likely be warehouse and distribution placements, or are corporate jobs in the mix as well?

Thanks!

Quite the robust thread! Working through it a bit.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,749 times
Hi all,

Had my on-site last week and I felt really good about it. Was contacted Monday and was told congratulations that I did extremely well and have been "upleveled". The team feels I am overly qualified for the role (I agree) and that I will now be passed on to a different recruiter for the higher level specified since the original team has nothing available at that level. This sounded like the whole "fit for Amazon, but not the role", so I pushed back a bit on the recruiter (I was contacted over the phone) who went on to say that I should be extremely proud and happy since this is actually great for me and that in her years in recruiting I was her first candidate to be "upleveled". I am hoping someone has seen this scenario play out before since my research of all 153 pages on this posting did not reveal a similar situation. I guess I am very happy over the news, but at the same time would like a quick sanity check from this helpful community.

Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area