Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:00 AM

160 posts, read 146,459 times

Advertisements

I don't know what it's called. It looks like some type of humidifier, fan or air purifier.

What does the silver ion button do?

What does the wick button do?

At the top right there's a raindrop symbol and a percentage, what's this button for? You can turn it on low or high

The picture that starts with "Hunter Fan" is what's on the bottom of this thing.

I want to use it as white noise to block out other sounds like hearing my upstairs neighbor snoring. So I'm not intending on using it for what's it's suppose to be used for, is there any fire hazard or potential risk I should be aware of since I'm not using it as its intended to be used for?
Attached Thumbnails
What is this humidifier looking object and what do the buttons do?-imag0012.jpg   What is this humidifier looking object and what do the buttons do?-imag0011.jpg   What is this humidifier looking object and what do the buttons do?-imag0015.jpg  

Last edited by Frozenfire88; Today at 07:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:06 AM

942 posts, read 390,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenfire88 View Post
I don't know what it's called. It looks like some type of humidifier, fan or air purifier.

At the top right there's a raindrop symbol and a percentage, what's this button for? You can turn it on low or high

The picture that starts with "Hunter Fan" is what's on the bottom of this thing.
https://www.manualslib.com/products/...16-127972.html
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/39...?page=6#manual

Old Today, 06:38 PM

5,976 posts, read 3,715,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenfire88 View Post

I want to use it as white noise to block out other sounds like hearing my upstairs neighbor snoring. So I'm not intending on using it for what's it's suppose to be used for, is there any fire hazard or potential risk I should be aware of since I'm not using it as its intended to be used for?
The pictured item is a Humidifier. It says so right on the bottom of the unit. The way it works is that you put water in the tank. Then, there is a wick of some kind which absorbs water and draws it into the upper chamber of the unit where you have a fan that blows across this wet wick.

As the fan blows air across the wet wick, this adds moisture to the room thereby increasing the humidity level of the room.

If you don't have any liquid in the tank, then you just have a fan blowing across a piece of dry cloth-like material. In other words, all you have at that point is a fan.

I see no reason why you couldn't use it as a noise making device if all you want is the noise that a fan creates. It might be easier to just buy a fan that would actually serve to blow air around the room plus create the noise that helps you sleep. But, since you already own this, I see no reason why you couldn't use it as a sleep machine. It would not be any more dangerous, IMO, to use it as a sleep machine than it would be to use it as a humidifier.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology