Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2024, 12:28 PM

120 posts, read 134,277 times

Advertisements

There is so much that is wrong these days and it makes me think that just maybe it all is occurring because the planet won't be the same in the near future anyway. Check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-gKFxhfgo of which I have followed for many years. The discussion here is our planets magnetic shield which is rapidly decreasing. Without this the planet can flip over and create new land masses while others will be underwater, hence the underwater and ground cities from long ago. This occurrence has happened previous and is due after thousands of years.

The carelessness with the amount of money the government is spending and doesn't care; its just being thrown to everyone except of cause to where and whom it should be going. Control of people and everything that everyone should be aware of at this point, unless your living in a bush.

What is everyone thinking about with all the destruction we are up against these days. Just thought it would be a good discussion, no right or wrong comments....please be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 02:00 PM

23,456 posts, read 19,122,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup View Post
There is so much that is wrong these days and it makes me think that just maybe it all is occurring because the planet won't be the same in the near future anyway. Check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-gKFxhfgo of which I have followed for many years. The discussion here is our planets magnetic shield which is rapidly decreasing. Without this the planet can flip over and create new land masses while others will be underwater, hence the underwater and ground cities from long ago. This occurrence has happened previous and is due after thousands of years.

The carelessness with the amount of money the government is spending and doesn't care; its just being thrown to everyone except of cause to where and whom it should be going. Control of people and everything that everyone should be aware of at this point, unless your living in a bush.

What is everyone thinking about with all the destruction we are up against these days. Just thought it would be a good discussion, no right or wrong comments....please be nice!
First off, I don't really see what human respect of or use of money has to do with the planet's magnetic pole. Last time I checked, the planet doesn't ask humans what it should or should not do nor does it care. OTOH, your OP sort of begs the question where/how, in your opinion, should governments be spending money?

Somehow, I doubt that if the planet decides it's time to change things up again, nothing human governments can do will prevent that from happening...or allow very many to survive the possible aftermath. The first thing those governing bodies would need to do is agree on something! Such as whether this threat is even imminent or not. Human governments don't have a very good track record in that regard. Taking humanity down a serious notch and wiping the slate clean may be the best thing to happen to the place. The replacement ecological regime might be fantastic!

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-16-2024 at 02:51 PM..

Old 04-18-2024, 11:53 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,711,688 times
Kind of wondering why this is in the Economics forum.

Old 04-18-2024, 03:01 PM

37,721 posts, read 46,178,616 times
Wrong forum, clearly.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:31 AM

12,892 posts, read 9,142,097 times
What do I think? That some YouTube channels like to toss conspiracy/disaster/"secret knowledge" out there as a way to get hits on their channel. They are pseudo-science and not science.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:46 PM

19,031 posts, read 14,263,629 times
Quote:
There is so much that is wrong these days and it makes me think that just maybe it all is occurring because the planet won't be the same in the near future anyway. Check out of which I have followed for many years. The discussion here is our planets magnetic shield which is rapidly decreasing. Without this the planet can flip over and create new land masses while others will be underwater, hence the underwater and ground cities from long ago. This occurrence has happened previous and is due after thousands of years.

It is a fact that the magnetic pole has flipped polarity, but there is no evidence that the planet's rotational axis dramatically changed. There is a slight wobble over centuries, but that's not what you're referencing. Over the last million years, Earth's tilt has varied between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees with respect to Earth's orbital plane. (This shift was a factor in turning the Sahara region into a desert)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_wobble
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_nutation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_motion

And, no, new land masses are not "created." Reason : granite. Only on Earth is there granite. And granite is lighter than basalt (the sea floor), and thus "floats" on it. That is why subduction only occurs to the basalt, not the granite, upon which all continents rest. No granite based continent can "sink" below the basalt. Plate tectonics explain the movement of the "floating" granite continents.
As to the sea level, that does change, especially during glacial periods, when large volumes of water are frozen on land masses.

Money is an illusion and an abstraction used to evaluate different items. Money is a medium of exchange to facilitate trade when barter is insufficient. At no time in history did the volume and value of money tokens keep proportionality with the marketplace of goods and services. Money has always throttled trade. Furthermore, no government "creates" money. If it did, why does it need to "tax it back" before spending it?

For example, Art 1, Sec 8, USCON delegates Congress the power to coin money (stamp bullion) and to borrow money. If government could create money (bullion), why borrow it?

Most world "currencies" are debt instruments borrowed into existence. The "lenders" are clever - they don't directly spend it - just loan it out for a modest "skim" (usury). Of course, the only way to create "new" currency necessary to pay the skim is to -wait for it- BORROW MORE. Hence the never ending deficit... and inflation.

Title 12 USC Sec 411 defines a federal reserve note (dollar bill) as an obligation (debt) of the U.S. government. Of course, in 1933, they repudiated redeeming their notes and thus declared bankruptcy. (See HJR 192, June 1933, and the Gold Reserve Act of 1934). If you're curious, write a polite questionaire to your government and ask for an explanation as to why the USCON is no longer being observed.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:46 AM

23,645 posts, read 70,618,274 times
Quote:

I'll be kind. Claiming upcoming catastrophe is a time honored method of earning money. Preachers of fire and brimstone in the near future have been doing it for centuries. Youtube is a neat way to make this easier. Just make the video, upload it, and as the gullible subscriber list grows, the money flows in.

Polarity flip of the magnetic field is not the planet turning upside down or inside out or anything else. I liked his four plot points on a graph as an attempt to show a sudden downward trend. I'll have to remember that trick when plugging a stock market crash.

Old Today, 11:16 AM

15,916 posts, read 6,617,522 times
There have been many geomagnetic reversals in the past, averaging one every 450,000 years, yet the world survived. The average duration for a polarity transition is 1,000 to 10,000 years, so it is going to happen very slowly. The magnetosphere doesn't vanish during a transition, and there is no statistical evidence for extinctions during such a period.

I'd just relax about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology