Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 06:18 AM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
City of LA bought it from City of Ontario back in the mid 80s. And around 2015, LAWA gave up ownership of the airport which was given back to basically the City of Ontario/SB County again. Ontario will get better as the IE gets more wealthy and people don't want to trek it to LAX or even SNA. The Taipei direct that was added a couple years ago could be a future sign for ONT so long as the economy holds.
I was living in the area when it was purchased by LAX. It was still really affordable and an excellent alternative in most cases, to LAX. I wasn't living in the area in 2015 so thanks for that info. It does seem that's when prices skyrocketed. One can save $100 or more by flying out of LAX.

The inland Empire is IMO wealthy enough! and the PTB don't care whether people don't want to trek to LAX or anywhere else! I guess what you mean is, as the area becomes even more wealthy?! There is a LOT of money in that area, especially in the past 10 years. Probably has something to do with tax structure and other revenue. Interesting about the Taipei direct. You're right, in 10-20 years ONT will hopefully be bigger and once again, a cost effective alternative to LAX. At it is, with my family and friends they arrange for flights that arrive at LAX after rush hour (8-9pm).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2023, 12:48 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
City of LA bought it from City of Ontario back in the mid 80s. And around 2015, LAWA gave up ownership of the airport which was given back to basically the City of Ontario/SB County again. Ontario will get better as the IE gets more wealthy and people dont want to trek it to LAX or even SNA. The Taipei direct that was added a couple years ago could be a future sign for ONT so long as the economy holds.
I'm trying to imagine the conditions where the IE gets more wealthy -- and I'm coming up blank. The Federal Witness Relocation Program only pays so much.

Old 04-24-2023, 05:37 PM

925 posts, read 1,064,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I'm trying to imagine the conditions where the IE gets more wealthy -- and I'm coming up blank. The Federal Witness Relocation Program only pays so much.
Would be funny but I’m sure this is from a person that doesn’t even live or spend any time in the IE, lol

Old 04-27-2023, 01:22 PM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Would be funny but I’m sure this is from a person that doesn’t even live or spend any time in the IE, lol
No, and it was a nasty comment regardless.

Old 05-01-2023, 07:17 AM

Clearly someone who doesn't realize how expensive it now is to live in the Inland Empire. Actually been going on for at least 20 years now.

Old 06-27-2023, 12:55 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I'm trying to imagine the conditions where the IE gets more wealthy
"Getting wealthy" is what happened to, and completely f'ed up, my home county of 45 years (the orange one). I'll take less wealthy and less pretentious over large parts of OC any day. (although the accompanying rise in home value didn't hurt when I finally decided to sell and unass that AO 20 years ago). Now I've seen my property value here in South Fontana shoot up to unimagined heights because of the distribution center building boom. And I didn't have to put up with a-wipes in European status cars trying to drive into the back of my F-150 because I choose to drive the surface streets at a safe and non-cop-attracting speed limit.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:22 PM

^Well Said. It is true that the Inland Empire is getting more and more of a hassle, but it's nothing like OC - yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties