Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:18 AM

142 posts, read 338,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by + or - View Post
Ann B Davis from the Brady Bunch lives near Leon Springs.

Jaclyn Smith of Charlie's Angels attended Trinity in the '60's.

Singer Christopher Cross lived in SA in the '70's and '80's.
His brother is my neighbor. Cross went to Alamo Heights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,689 times
Not really San Antonio, but Michael Moorcock, a famous writer, up around Bastrop. I knew a young lady who babysat his kid or his cat - Haha - can't remember which.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,736,439 times
The name Henry Thomas may not ring a bell. He played the role of Elliott in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. I think he went East Central High School.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM

624 posts, read 905,873 times
Abby Brammel the blonde woman from the TV show The Unit graduated from Churchill.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,475 times
Scooter 3418:
I think that typing that link you gave out in this forum is not a good idea,these famous people
can think their "fans" (as they call the public) want to stalk them. I really don't know where
celebs live and do not want to know, I do know they don't want anything with us and many
don't even like us they mainly want us to spend money buying tickets to see them. I do think
they should be nicer to the public,but that is something showbusiness does not expect of them
to do. I have run into some movie stars here in San Antonio who have not been nice to me at all
and they have disappointed me completely. I have even run into some tv stars too. I still don't
understand why they hate the public that knows them so much,no one follows them around here
in this city, people don' take pictures of them,they don't ask for autographs and there is no paparazzi
around that is bothering them. People here are nice to these celebs and they treat us so bad,it is not
fair! I think they should live in small towns,at least no one will know who they are over there and there
will be no noise from the cities to disturb them. I am not a celebrity hater, I think these people should
treat us well and appreciate the support the public gives them.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,981,665 times
Well, I was watching U-tube videos from the 'good old days' (70s & 80s) and came across a great song from that period. I decided to see what the performer was doing, so I Wikipedia'd him, and lo and behold it turns out he's another San Antonio son!

Who am I talking about? Well, Christopher Cross, of course! You remember, he had such hits as Run Like The Wind and Sailing, plus he did the theme for the movie Arthur (the original with Dudley Moore, not that horrible remake with Katy Perry's soon-to-be-ex!) and has earned five Grammys!

Cross was born in SA back in 1951, and was in a cover band named Flash here back in the 60s before going solo. He went to Alamo Height HS (he dropped out his junior year because "you couldn't have long hair in those days." Forty year later, they gave him a diploma) and where he also met his longtime lyric-writing partner Rob Meurer.

According to an article from May last year, Cross was in the process of moving to Austin, at least part time, to be closer to his mother, his siblings and his three kids. Apparently he also has been doing a lot of symphony dates, and would like to get one with the San Antonio Symphony...

Quote:
"It's something my 90-year-old mother would love to see. She's seen my rock show, but for my brother to bring her to the Majestic Theatre to see me with the symphony would be something else. I'm really hopeful. I love playing with symphonies. I have all my own charts. I even have my own baton."
Sounds like a pretty cool dude. I wonder if he ever makes it back home to San Antonio these days...

Cheers! M2

Old 07-03-2012, 05:32 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,981,665 times
Charlie Sexton, best known for his excellent 1985 hit "Beat's So Lonely," was born in San Antonio...

By the way, for a list of famous folks associated with SA, see Wikipedia!

I didn't know that blues legend Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown got his start playing drums in SA in 1945!

Cheers! M2

Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM

142 posts, read 338,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
According to Wikipedia Patrick Swayze does now live in the Hill Country. Not sure if he is hospitalized in NE or not, but he doesn't live in NE. Pat Green may live in Austin, not sure, this is people who do, or have lived in San Antonio. I heard Tommy Lee Jones lived in The Dominion, but I could be wrong, If anyone knows tell us!

He has more than one residence, but probably his principle one is in Terrell Hills. I won't say which street.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 74 times
Default Trans-Actress Broke Hollywood Barrier's 4 Future actors '

Candy Richardz - (Hollywood Actress ie: Latter Days, The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2
Fast 2 Furious. Dominion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio