Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: heb or walmart which one is cheaper
heb 84 80.77%
walmart 22 21.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 PM

218 posts, read 501,417 times

Advertisements

So just like I said my wife just came back from Target with milk without looking at the expiration date. That was today 5/1. It says "Sell By April 23". Right after diner I am going over there to voice my opinion on how pissed I am. EVERY single time I have an issue with the Target milk. The only reason we keep buying it is because Target is more convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:37 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,951 times
If you voted Wally World you must not be from SA.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 733 times
Smile heb friendly

The workers at heb are more friendly than WalMart. I can tell right off when I shop at heb that the prices are lower there, except for a few items, very few items..

Old 07-25-2016, 09:23 AM

432 posts, read 523,147 times
depends on the HEB
prices vary by neighborhood - and prices on particular wines vary 20% from week to week

Old 07-25-2016, 03:21 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,722,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texryan67 View Post
The workers at heb are more friendly than WalMart. I can tell right off when I shop at heb that the prices are lower there, except for a few items, very few items..
From my experience the CASHIERS are friendlier but on the whole HEB employees walk around with their head where the sun dont shine and do nothing but get in the way.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:21 PM

514 posts, read 1,440,865 times
I didn't vote, but I would hands down pick HEB 10x over Walmart any day. I am like shopping at HEB, I also feel HEB offers more . Walmart always seems dirty and good luck on finding someone willing to help

Old 07-26-2016, 04:54 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,389,324 times
Agreed,
I have been shopping at HEB since I was still riding up and down the aisles sitting in the shopping cart while being propelled around by the parents.
I will probably be cruising the aisles in one of those electric carts- however instead of too young I will be too old to old to walk the aisles, someday.
Just as in local elections, few care to vote here but it is 60 to 14 in favor of HEB. Top heavy in favor of HEB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I didn't vote, but I would hands down pick HEB 10x over Walmart any day. I am like shopping at HEB, I also feel HEB offers more . Walmart always seems dirty and good luck on finding someone willing to help

Old 07-26-2016, 05:07 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
Depends on the HEB or the WalMart. From our ranch, I prefer the WalMart on Palo Alto/IH 35 over the HEB Plus on Zarzamora. However, the HEB on Pleasanton Rd and Military Dr is much more pleasant the the Wal Mart on Military and Roosevelt. It really just on what side I find myself.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:41 AM

514 posts, read 1,440,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Agreed,
I have been shopping at HEB since I was still riding up and down the aisles sitting in the shopping cart while being propelled around by the parents.
I will probably be cruising the aisles in one of those electric carts- however instead of too young I will be too old to old to walk the aisles, someday.
Just as in local elections, few care to vote here but it is 60 to 14 in favor of HEB. Top heavy in favor of HEB.
I didn't vote, cause poll is about which is cheaper, not where you prefer to shop. I honestly don't know which is cheaper and price isn't what drives me to shop at my place of choice . It's about , the have what I want and the place is stocked,clean and if I need help , you can find courteous folks willing to help

Old 07-27-2016, 07:42 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
I'm not sure what Walmart people who say it's dirty are shopping at. Even the dreadfully awful one at Military and 410 (which I will NEVER go into again, out of fear more than anything) was clean last time I was there. I use the Walmart near my home occasionally and it's nearly always spotless. Years ago, yes, the one we used to go to when they weren't everywhere (on 410 and Summit Pkwy I think was the exit) was dirty and gross and ridiculously busy and really obnoxious to shop in. But they are not that way any longer, at least none of them that I've been in. That said, I prefer to get my groceries at HEB but I'm not a militant anti-Walmart person. All of the retailers get their junk from China and none pay a fortune to their employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio